Xsk8r114 Appears

Remember me?

Maybe some of you remember my videos and collection going all the way back to 2007-2009. Or stumbled across my videos at some point. If you haven’t you can find my YouTube channel. Most of the videos are still up but some might be private or unlisted now.

Well here I am, 15 years later. I’ve been mostly out of the FA space. I don’t have any devices or a collection anymore, but the “Nac” (get it?) for interesting niche electronics never died out. I had a growing interest in professional stage/DMX lighting and eventually started a career out of it working at the manufacturer level.

I work in product and systems engineering. So whether it’s programming a light show or doing a full new install in a theatre, there’s always a Fire Alarm System to deal with… So I still lurk around and find internet in older systems but the technical and engineering aspect is much more fascinating to me.

It’s crazy to see how much the community has grown. I don’t have much to contribute but I may chime in from time-to-time.

Supposedly the original username is taken on here, not sure if I made an account here and forgot what email, or someone thought it would be funny to take my username. But I can prove who I am.

That’s that. Saying hello after all these years. Ask me anything you want.

1 Like

Wow Xsk, I never thought we’d hear from you ever again! (it’s certainly nice to though) I definitely remember you, in fact, I think you were one of the members along with several others to get me into this community to begin with!

Yeah: from what I saw you once had an account on here years & years ago (which may still be here).

Funnily enough not too long ago fellow veteran enthusiast azman293/798 also checked in with us, at least a decade after his channel (& he) disappeared.

1 Like

Are you going to start another collection

1 Like

Probably not. The only things I’d be interested to potentially get hands on if I can find out is a 2001 or System 3

1 Like

Wow I forgot about Azman. The only person I’ve kept in some contact with is danll5, we actually don’t live far from each other.

I don’t remember creating an account on here. It must have been many years ago after the schuminweb / CalviNet era.

1 Like

Yeah, everyone seems to have forgotten about him aside from a few like me. Really? You know fellow long-disappeared member danll5 too? Cool! (on this subject do you know or remember “scottparsons2008” as well? I seem to be the only member who does)

Yeah, I think it was during the early years of The Fire Panel Forums (2008 or so I think).

1 Like

Welcome back, Zach! I can DM you the reason why you can’t access your old account but yeah, good to see you!
Hard to imagine you’d return seeing as your YouTube account seemed to be taken over by what looked like a cooking channel?

A lot has changed as I’m sure you’re aware, in both the forum and the community. Certainly isn’t the same place and most of the “old guard” like yourself has moved on. Always good to hear back from them from time to time though.

2 Likes

I remember watching your videos when I was younger! I just graduated from the same high school as LeBron James! I have a post on here under the topic that talks about fire alarms at an enthusiast’s workplace or school.

are those other two enthusiasts still alive?