YOUR homemade fire safety devices/diagrams

Post YOUR circuit diagrams/sketches or photos of homemade life safety equipment here.

IMPORTANT: Please remember NOT to use homemade devices as your sole means of protection. For that, look to large, UL listed brands, like First Alert or Kidde. (Unless you can find a way to get it UL listed and NFPA certified.)

2 Likes

Looks like it would give excellent strobe coverage, but it looks like Simplex might sue you.

1 Like

Not sure it would if both strobes face straight up & down, which is why pretty much all newer NAs have the strobe on the front facing forward. Good point about a potential plagiarism lawsuit from Simplex too.

1 Like

I don’t see the simplex plagiarism. wheelock may have something to say though.

Delhoogatectrobe: A combination of sprinkler, smoke/heat detector, and horn strobe. Also work in “deluge mode” in which the glass bulbs can be knocked off and release the water under the control of a release panel - A tiny heat element does the job.

The “FIRE” lettering & horn grille being where they are greatly resemble the way that Simplex’s 4903-series devices look. And yes, maybe Wheelock too (even though they stopped making the alarms that have that kind of strobe decades ago).

I know Simplex once made a combination TrueAlarm/sprinkler as a joke that they called the “TrueSquirt”, complete with a fake data sheet for it:
Simplex introduce a new device. The TrueSquirt Smokeler head! : r/firealarms (reddit.com)

Here’s mine: the C-Series Multi-signal Horn. It can be used in residential or commercial applications when paired with the Alterator I-71 conventional FACP.