Your School Schedule Rotation

That’s what came to my mind when he said “Compton.”

(I’m not a fan of rap music, however.)

Haha.

I know that since my dad got his cancer treatments at the hospital before he died, and we came through the north end and it was not good.

Got school 7:45-2:45.
I don’t know who else has only 5 different kinds of school days that are Labeled A-E(bet it’s more common than I know). But I have it.
It can be so confusing when you start school in my district but I got used to it within the first month.
A days are the most different with all 8 periods/classes occur in that whole school day and 2 lunches on that day.
B-E days always drop two periods and are always in a different order each day as well as 3 lunches during period 5.
A C day drop 1st and 5th Periods. 5th period is the lunch period for every other day so it is given to period 6.
Here is the complete schedule of those days:
A Day Periods and times:
1(7:45-8:27)-2(8:31-9:13)-3(9:17-9:59)-4(10:03-10:45)-5(lunch 10:50-11:32-12:19)-6(12:24-1:12)-7(1:16-1:58)-8(2:02-2:45)
B-E Day times: (7:45-8:44)-(8:48-9:47)-(9:51-10:50)-(10:54-11:24-12:00-12:35)-(12:39-1:42)-(1:46-2:45)
B Day: 1-2-3-5(lunch)-6-7
C Day: 2-3-4-6(lunch)-7-8
D Day: 3-4-1-5(lunch)-8-7
E Day: 4-1-2-5(lunch)-6-8

TMI?
Anyone else have a school schedule like this?

Fun fact my school bell is on the intercom and the tone sound like that of the code three alarm that Simplex 4100U’s have.

That sounds so confusing… I’m surprised high schoolers can remember all that!
Honestly, the fifty minutes per period for eight periods sounds like the easiest of schedules, followed by block scheduling. I can remember to go through all eight of my classes per day, and not have to worry about which class to go to when on what day.

Absolutely. My high school follows the 50 min for 8 periods schedule. Sometimes changing it up can be fun and exciting, but when you have to worry about being late and stuff, consistency is nice.

You know what… here’s how it went for me.

In middle school they did (and still do) a 4 day 8 period rotation with 43 minutes per period and 3 minutes of switching time between classes. 8:15 AM to 2:45 PM. This system had several disadvantages:

1. 43 minutes is a very short class time, not enough to really do anything useful
  2. 3 minutes of switching time in a school with a HUGE footprint meant some students were always late due to long walks.
  3. Periods 4, 5, and 6 were used half for lunch break and half for homeroom time, with 3 minutes to switch. One period was assigned per grade level and it changed every year. This left only 20 minutes of actual lunch time which was further reduced to 15 minutes of actual eating time because it took, on average, about 5 minutes to go through the lunch line. Employees got more time to have lunch than we did…

In high school they did (and still do) a 2 day 4 period block scheduling system with 85 minutes per period and 5 minutes of switching time between classes (with the exception of between 1st and 2nd periods, which was 10 minutes). 8:00 AM to 2:30 PM. They improved upon the middle school’s system in several ways:

1. Longer classes done every other day meant for more continuous lecture or lab time as well as extra time to do homework. They compensated for this with a simplified list of required classes and more elective options.
  2. Period 3 was 30 minutes longer than the others to allow for a 25 minute lunch break (5 minutes of line time). There was no homeroom.
  3. Period 1 was 5 minutes longer than the others to allow for morning announcements without reducing class time.

However, some students took a bus to the vocational school every day for either the first 2 periods or the second 2 periods so their schedule worked differently. During my 11th grade year I did this.