NOAA Weather Radio

This is the place to talk about weather, such as services, forecasts, emergencies, the science of meteorology... stuff like that.
PugetSoundStormWatch
New Participant
New Participant
YouTube Username: MiltonWATech99

NOAA Weather Radio

Post by PugetSoundStormWatch » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:05 pm

Does anyone on here own a NOAA Weather Radio? Or do you have a collection of NOAA Weather Radios? If so, what radios do you have in your collection?

In my collection I have:

-Midland WR-100
-Midland WR-120EZ
-Eton Zoneguard
-RadioShack 12-382
-RadioShack 12-522
-RadioShack 12-093

More radios may be added to my collection during Christmas, this list will be updated once I purchase new radios.

The Big Green
Wiki Team Member

Re: NOAA Weather Radio

Post by The Big Green » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:02 pm

I do have a weather radio. It's a cheapo Oregon Scientific All-Hazards radio.

As for collections, I don't have (or intend to have) a weather radio collection. Although, now it seems like a good hobby. :D
Director of Sarcasm

NewAgeServer
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: NewAgeServerAlarm

Post by NewAgeServer » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:38 pm

I have a really old Realistic cube-shaped radio with a single button on top, two knobs on the bottom, and an antenna. The knobs select the channel and volume and the button turns it on/off.
Andrew Davis -- Chief Administrator & Site Owner
The Fire Panel & The Fire Panel Forums
All questions or concerns, please PM here or email at newageserver@thefirepanel.com

My Fire Alarm Site
YouTube Channel

Prog
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
YouTube Username: CODMarioWarfare

Post by Prog » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:39 am

I have a CB radio that came out of my dad's van when he bought it. I think it tunes to NOAA bands when it turns on.

PugetSoundStormWatch
New Participant
New Participant

Post by PugetSoundStormWatch » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:40 am

Update to my collection, I purchased the Capello CR2W at my local target last Friday, that now makes seven radios in my collection.

PugetSoundStormWatch
New Participant
New Participant

Post by PugetSoundStormWatch » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:50 am

Well, it's been a long while since I've been on here. But I have a tremendous update!

Since my last post on here, I had the following radios:

-Midland WR-100
-RadioShack 12-382
-RadioShack 12-522
-RadioShack 12-093
-Eton ZoneGuard
-Midland WR-120EZ
-Capello CR2W

It has been over a year since I've updated this, but here goes nothing. These are the following radios that I have added to my voluminous collection:

-RadioShack 12-993
-Midland WR-10
-Midland HH50
-RadioShack 12-500
-Reecom R-1630
-Midland WR-300
-RadioShack 12-519
-Eton Solarlink FR370
-Sangean CL-100
-La Crosse 810-805
-AlertWorks EAR-10
-RadioShack 12-247A
-Midland HH54VP
-Uniden Bearcat BC345CRS

They're still coming folks! :D

Robert A
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
YouTube Username: Aslin Fire Safety

Post by Robert A » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:48 pm

I had an old Midland WR-100 that stopped working, and I haven't bothered to get a new one since. It's not all that much of an issue where I live because my phone automatically alerts me to any severe weather in my area, which doesn't happen all that often anyway. I plan to get one when I move to Stillwater for college, because Oklahoma's smack in the middle of Tornado Alley, but the campus has tornado sirens, so I don't know.
Robert Aslin
My YouTube Channel | Aslin Fire Safety
If you need to contact me for any reason, you may email me at aslinrobert15(at)gmail.com.

chris+s
Fire Alarm Technician

Post by chris+s » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:45 pm

Robert A wrote:I had an old Midland WR-100 that stopped working, and I haven't bothered to get a new one since. It's not all that much of an issue where I live because my phone automatically alerts me to any severe weather in my area, which doesn't happen all that often anyway. I plan to get one when I move to Stillwater for college, because Oklahoma's smack in the middle of Tornado Alley, but the campus has tornado sirens, so I don't know.
most of oklahoma probably has tornado sirens, and your phone will alert you too.

Josh555
New Participant
New Participant

Post by Josh555 » Thu May 21, 2015 11:31 am

chris+s wrote:
Robert A wrote:I had an old Midland WR-100 that stopped working, and I haven't bothered to get a new one since. It's not all that much of an issue where I live because my phone automatically alerts me to any severe weather in my area, which doesn't happen all that often anyway. I plan to get one when I move to Stillwater for college, because Oklahoma's smack in the middle of Tornado Alley, but the campus has tornado sirens, so I don't know.
most of oklahoma probably has tornado sirens, and your phone will alert you too.
Yeah, but those sirens are designed to be OUTDOOR warning system, so it wouldn't be bad to get a weather radio for your house.

Robert A
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

Post by Robert A » Sat May 23, 2015 1:08 pm

Josh555 wrote:Yeah, but those sirens are designed to be OUTDOOR warning system, so it wouldn't be bad to get a weather radio for your house.
I'd imagine you'd be able to hear outdoor sirens throughout the entire campus. Like I said, I'll probably have a weather radio in my dorm, but the campus is small enough that a single siren could probably cover the entire campus.
Robert Aslin
If you need to contact me for any reason, you may email me at aslinrobert15(at)gmail.com.

Josh555
New Participant
New Participant

Post by Josh555 » Sun May 31, 2015 2:40 pm

Robert A wrote:
Josh555 wrote:Yeah, but those sirens are designed to be OUTDOOR warning system, so it wouldn't be bad to get a weather radio for your house.
I'd imagine you'd be able to hear outdoor sirens throughout the entire campus. Like I said, I'll probably have a weather radio in my dorm, but the campus is small enough that a single siren could probably cover the entire campus.
Ah! I did not know you lived on a college campus. I guess then you would be able to hear them.

Robert A
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

Post by Robert A » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:33 pm

I don't actually live on campus yet - I ship out in July.
Robert Aslin