My Fire Alarm Collection

Here you can create a topic to show off photos of your fire alarm collection, or to post a link to a website featuring your collection.
Forum rules
If you make a topic that has a link to your website, please mark it with "URL: " on the beginning of the topic name. Example: "URL: John Smith's Collection"
EdwardsFan
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
YouTube Username: Mircomfan

My Fire Alarm Collection

Post by EdwardsFan » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:33 am

This is my fire alarm collection, as of today!

As you can see, so far it is quite an extensive collection, considering it all started out with 3 house smoke alarms. The only thing missing is my fire alarm panel I'm getting, a Siemens TXL. I don't know if anyone has heard about it, it is basically a Mircom 1025T panel. Later on, I will post a video of me explaining my collection, and a link to my website with the FA collection page (when I finish it).
"Never forget your history, Nor your destiny." - Bob Marley

Prog
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
YouTube Username: CODMarioWarfare

Re: My Fire Alarm Collection

Post by Prog » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:16 am

That is a LOT of bells.

FireAlarmTech4010
I'm Banned!
I'm Banned!

Post by FireAlarmTech4010 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:23 am

One of these?
That's a txl if I'm not mistaken.
Justin
---------
Brands of alarms in my collection: FPASE(homemade), EST, Firelite, Simplex, Wheelock
FPASEintelliprox. Making the future sooner.

EdwardsFan
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Post by EdwardsFan » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:21 pm

Prog wrote:That is a LOT of bells.
Yes, I'm from Canada, bells are very common here! That's why I own so many lol
FireAlarmTech4010 wrote:One of these?
That's a txl if I'm not mistaken.
Actually, yes! In fact, that's the one I bought! I just got it today in the mail, and it is actually a re branded Mircom 102T. So far, been testing it out, it is a pretty neat little panel. Just a question, do I have to add a ELR for the bell and pull station? Because I have troubles on both zones and the NAC circuit.

Destin
Retired Staff
YouTube Username: thesdx

Post by Destin » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:44 pm

Yes, a 3.9k EOLR would go at the last device on each circuit. If there is nothing on that circuit, just put an EOLR at the terminals.
Destin L. (thesdx)
My Website — FireAlarmCollector.com
My YouTube Channel
I'm no longer very active on here, but if you wish to contact me, feel free to send me a PM. :wink:

El Chupacabra
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Post by El Chupacabra » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:45 pm

EdwardsFan wrote: The only thing missing is my fire alarm panel I'm getting, a Siemens TXL. I don't know if anyone has heard about it, it is basically a Mircom 1025T panel.
I saw those TXLs on eBay last week and was surprised by their pretty low price. Seems like you got a really good deal on a somewhat uncommon panel as these Siemens-branded FA-100s with the black enclosure appear to be harder to find. I believe Siemens only sells their Mircom-built TXL panels in Canada, also available as a rebranded FA-1000 system.

On an unrelated note, a local restaurant with a panel identical to the one you purchased actually had a major fire this morning (third time this year); I think they're making good use of their system!

BTW, nice collection! I'm still jealous of your Edwards 274-series pull station and grey "Fire Bell". :lol:

EdwardsFan
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Post by EdwardsFan » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:26 pm

El Chupacabra wrote:
EdwardsFan wrote: The only thing missing is my fire alarm panel I'm getting, a Siemens TXL. I don't know if anyone has heard about it, it is basically a Mircom 1025T panel.
I saw those TXLs on eBay last week and was surprised by their pretty low price. Seems like you got a really good deal on a somewhat uncommon panel as these Siemens-branded FA-100s with the black enclosure appear to be harder to find. I believe Siemens only sells their Mircom-built TXL panels in Canada, also available as a rebranded FA-1000 system.

On an unrelated note, a local restaurant with a panel identical to the one you purchased actually had a major fire this morning (third time this year); I think they're making good use of their system!

BTW, nice collection! I'm still jealous of your Edwards 274-series pull station and grey "Fire Bell". :lol:
Yeah, at that price, I told myself, "If I'm going to get a panel, it's going to be this one!" :p If anyone is looking for a panel, the guy relisted the other one. It's a good panel for a good price: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0874568954
& Thank you! I'd never though I'd have such a big collection when I started collecting, but here I am!

Also, Here is a video of me just doing a basic test on my panel:

I do have some more questions about some connections of the panel, Like what is the COM, Aux alarm relay, and the trouble relay for?

tsscman123
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
YouTube Username: TssCman123

Post by tsscman123 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:52 pm

You have a lot of the SPO pull station, did you get a lot, or do you just love that pull? Are those bells made by Edwards? If so, that is a lot of Edwards/EST devices.

EdwardsFan
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Post by EdwardsFan » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:15 pm

tsscman123 wrote:You have a lot of the SPO pull station, did you get a lot, or do you just love that pull? Are those bells made by Edwards? If so, that is a lot of Edwards/EST devices.
Yeah, it was a little of both. It is probably my most favourite pull station, plus Edwards fire alarms as well. I do live in Canada, a part of Canada that has mostly Edwards systems all around. It would make sense since Edwards had locations in Owen Sound and Scarborough.

Fire Alarm Fan
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Post by Fire Alarm Fan » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:19 pm

I like that square smoke alarm. It a Westclox (yes, the alarm clock people) unit. Can you get some close ups and maybe a video please?
Newest FA Device: Gamewell M69 pulls
Coming Soon:
Newest Smoke: BRK 79R

Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
YouTube Username: Goldenrod636

Post by Simplex 4051 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:10 pm

I like that red Adapt-a-Horn that you have. The red horns are the ones that are DC right?
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.

Destin
Retired Staff
YouTube Username: thesdx

Post by Destin » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:00 pm

Both AC and DC models can be either red or gray, but the majority of red ones out there would be DC since they're for fire alarm signaling use.
Destin L. (thesdx)
My Website — FireAlarmCollector.com
My YouTube Channel
I'm no longer very active on here, but if you wish to contact me, feel free to send me a PM. :wink:

EdwardsFan
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Post by EdwardsFan » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:14 pm

Fire Alarm Fan wrote:I like that square smoke alarm. It a Westclox (yes, the alarm clock people) unit. Can you get some close ups and maybe a video please?
Yes, when I get time this week, I will make a video of it!

Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
YouTube Username: Goldenrod636

Post by Simplex 4051 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:14 pm

Destin wrote:Both AC and DC models can be either red or gray, but the majority of red ones out there would be DC since they're for fire alarm signaling use.
But the red ones were more likely to be DC I take it? I know some DC horns sound like Gentex SHGs or Simplex horns.
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.

Prog
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
YouTube Username: CODMarioWarfare

Post by Prog » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:19 am

Yes, that's exactly what he just said.