GE Concord 4 - Trouble relay sensor group

Post here if you need help with something related to security systems.
Forum rules
Do NOT publicly post default codes for ANY security system or fire alarm panel.
(Rule #8)
DJDiehl2K
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
YouTube Username: DJDiehl2K

Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:53 pm

I have trouble relays for a NAC extender that I want to monitor with my Concord 4. What sensor group can I use? I want trouble beeps to sound. What I want to do is to learn the zone as N/O (resistor in parallel, normally sees resistor, alarm on full-close, tamper on full-open), but wire it as N/C With the resistor in series, so the panel only sees the resistor, thinks the sensor is open, then when the relay opens, it opens the circuit and causes a tamper/trouble, instead of closing the zone and causing an alarm. I would prefer it if the keypads say Trouble instead of Tamper, but the only sensor group that I know of that displays Trouble in this condition is the fire group. Is there any way of making trouble beeps and displaying [SENSOR] TROUBLE without using the fire sensor group? As of now, I just wired up the relays as group 33 (wireless siren supervision) and programmed an output to sound a mini-horn when group 33 is in alarm. The reason I want to switch to trouble beeps is so that I know that the trouble beeps are "acknowledgeable" and restart after 24 hours.
Professional Can Opener
Commercial & Residential Burglary Alarm, Access Control, and CCTV Technician at Digital Media & Security
GE Concord 4 Owner | Fire & Burglary Alarm Enthusiast
View System Tests on YouTube