113 troubles!!!

Simplex tech must of been there recently. This photo was taken yesterday. The other one was 1 week ago.

Glad everything is back to normal!

I was kinda worried there was gonna be a fire and it wouldn’t get reported. I’m releved!

Watch it be that they just replaced the panel. That would be funny.

I’d bet you dollars to donuts that’s exactly what they did. If the panel program was saved on file somewhere either on site or at Simplex then a one and done drop in replacement would be extremely easy. I had to do that once with a Silent Knight panel that got fried, just replace the guts, re program with on site program copy, and re terminate.

Patrick

LOL :lol:. So true. Since I have experience with Silent Knight products, it is very easy to do this with the SKSS I just don’t know the software Simplex uses but It can be done.

I used it on my 4001 when i got the new board I hooked it up to my computers serial port and then the panels entered my access code and bam! Carbon Copy ;3

The Simplex 4001 has a computer serial port?

I think it’s a serial port :stuck_out_tongue:
It worked though XD

Can you put up a picture?! :shock:

What program did you use to connect to the panel?

I will have to ask my dad in the morning :stuck_out_tongue:

Btw it’s a 4002 not a 4001. My camera broke recently so I got a picture of of google images.

That’s a CCDACT dialer… Not actually a panel.
All you did was logged into the dialer programming which is real easy to do.

Oh. XD Now I feel Embarrassed. :oops: Maybe my dad worked on it while I was at summer camp :stuck_out_tongue:

Wait a second…That’s actually a 4005 “Contact Closure” DACT. Not anywhere close to a 4001 or 4002.

Source: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Simplex-4005-CONTACT-CLOSURE-DACT-Fire-Alarm-566-799-/330791295015

Wait I must have 4005 then XD

So you only have the boards for it? If you had a case the model number should be pretty obvious.

Yah dad only got the boards from school and not the case because of a retrofit. I have them in a old security system panel box.

Not entirely true, Jared.
The CCDACT was designed to be used these panels:
4001, 4002, 4004, 4005, and 4020.

So without pictures, it is not clear what ccs46 actually has.