Alarms on TV/Movies

In this one episode of Zoey 101 (don’t ask, there was nothing else on that was to my intrest :roll: ) Anyways the sushi bar caught on fire, then one of them pulled an Edwards “Classic” pull station. And then a Bell went off… and then the Sprinkler System went off.

There was a “Rocket Power” episode “Falsely Alarmed” where Otto thinks that if you pull a fire alarm at the Shore Shack when there’s no fire, nothing happens. He grabs the fire alarm lever (which is a generic red handle with “FIRE ALARM” above it, it doesn’t resemble an Edwards or Simplex T-bar) and pulls it. The Shore Shack fire alarm is a long continuous bell and a march-time vibratory horn both going off at the same time, along with flashing red lights. Otto and Twister hightail it, and Tito and Raymundo panic, and then the fire department and police arrive, and Officer Shirley notices Lars standing there and he takes the blame for pulling the fire alarm.

Well it seems as though Zoey 101 is a show full of alarms. But whenever I see alarms in that show, there always piezo’s or some type of electric horn or chime…but whenever it gets pulled, suddenly it’s a bell.

In A Ned’s declassified episode I just saw, There is a house party, but the guards won’t let Cookie (simon) in because of the last party’s incedent.
There is a flashback to the incedent where Cookie is dancing to a song, while he knocks over a lamp, causing a sofa to catch on fire causing
THIS:
Smoke to go off in a 4/6 pattern (Wierd, mine does code 3!)

Could somebody tell me what what 4/6 is?

Wow… I was watching that too and I was lost too because the ones at my house do code-3.

It’s the sound the old smoke alarms made before they were changed to code-3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNgY7E8XnZk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-LYnIvbAPs&mode=related&search= ← Fire Drill at Fawlty Towers on an episode of “The Germans” or whatever the show is called. Anyway, the alarm is a bell and the guy gets frustrated while trying to explain to them that the burglar and fire alarm sound different but they were still a little dumbstruck about it.

That ep was JUST on! I missed the flashback, but it goes off again at the end of the ep after Ned kisses Moze because clothes are lit on fire…

BTW, for those who have this detector, does the LED really flash like that? Oddly enough, it didn’t “flash” per say, it “blinks”, and in particular, it flashes to the beeping pattern…

Also on Ned’s Declassified (Lol don’t ask me why but it’s my favourite show) you always see I think Wheelock MT’s or the Edwards that look like MT’s in the background all over the school. Usually you’ll see them above a fire extinguiser or high above the door. Also in some spots you can find alot of other alarms in the school.

You can also spot edwards pulls on ned’s declassified

During the Calgary flames game against the Detroit red wings on april 17th the fire alarm went off during the 3rd period it was a bonging type alarm. the announcer said just in case you are wandering you may be able to hear the fire alarm rining here at the pengrowth saddledome. It rang after a Calgary goal… maybe the big lighter that lights tp wen the flames score set the alarm off or someone pulled it. it is a Edwards system.

Yep. Once they had a fire drill on the show, and instead of the Wheelock MTs going off, a bell rang instead. The strobes didn’t even flash!

In the movie Child’s Play 2 aka “Chucky” the killer doll. Near the end of the movie it takes place in a child’s foster home. It’s in the middle of the night and everybody is sleeping. Chucky the doll has a knife to some girls neck and orders her to pull the fire alarm, because he’s on the look out for the little boy named Andy who is living in this foster home.

If I’m correct, it was an old Standard 200177 pull…I don’t remember what the bell was.

Side note: it was his foster sister that Chucky had the knife too…I’ve seen all the Chucky movies :shock:

I do believe it was a standard 200177 pull. I also have all the chucky movies too. I’m a BIG horror freak as well with fire alarms.

Night at the Museum: An Edwards 270 pull (classic) can be seen when Ben Stiller is in the security office.

Also while reading the stuff I remember some older SD things:

Webster
He had got a chemistry set for his b-day (IIRC, also could have been Christmas). Late that night it catches fire. Webster wakes up, opens his door and the smoke triggers a Probe model 101 in 5/6

Clarissa explains it All:
one ep has them installing a Family Gard modded with a keypad that allowed it to change tones. Later something in the oven burns and it triggers the alarm in a burglar alarm-style siren.

I remember that ep! They burned cookies.

MythBusters - Outtakes special.

They were expanding on “Elevator of Death” (where they tested and busted that, if the car has lost all of its safety features and is plummeting down the shaft, you can leap up at the last minute and save yourself)and were talking about more elevator myths (does pushing the call button repeatedly speed up the elevator, etc) When they mentioned if the closing doors can decapitate someone, you see doors close from the perspective of the elevator interior. However you can see a white horizontal AS and a T-Bar.

May 3rd, 2007
Late Night with Conan 'O Brian in San Francisco

Conan visited Napa Valley, and went into an under-ground storage facility where they store wine. Seen what looked like an Ademco T-Bar pull-handle in the background, in the wine storage facility.