“American” fire alarms in other countries

I have noticed Spectralert Advances in Asia & Dubai. What other alarms have you seen from America outside of the US/Mexico?

I‘ve seen Simplex T-bar pull stations mounted on ancient architecture in the Palace Museum in China. Wondering if they’re disconnected, because there’re new break-glass MCP’s next to them.

Also, most Chinese individual household smoke alarms use Code-3 temporal signal, so do fire curtain controllers. Probably because you just need a DC buzzer to sound Code-3, while it requires more complicated circuit to sound a fire truck siren tone - typical tone of Chinese horn/strobes.

1 Like

Many Middle Eastern countries (Qatar, UAE, etc.) use both American and European systems.

1 Like

What brand of fire alarm system does the Burj Khalifa use?

1 Like

Honeywell-branded Notifier. (SpectrAlert Advance speaker/strobes, and you can guess the rest)

1 Like

I have noted that the Dubai Airport has EST genesis and SIGA devices

Somewhere in Europe I have seen videos of system sensor mass devices

I’ve seen them in Turkish Airports

1 Like

Australia and New Zealand have Spectralert Classics with a red strobe on it. They oftenly use System Sensor smoke detectors as well.

2 Likes

Here in Davao City Philippines the most common american fire alarm is a SpectrAlert Advance P2R.

1 Like

I saw this on google maps: https://maps.app.goo.gl/8KVA5eoLSnNsbnBF7?g_st=ic

The resort is in Indonesia and has EST speaker strobes!

Move the camera to the roof if it doesn’t load properly or try this link: https://maps.app.goo.gl/MASyPEgwheTbsG237?g_st=ic

3 Likes

In San Salvador, they have renovated the airport, but they still have some MASS sounder strobes. And Bilingual BG-10s.

1 Like

North America from Canada all the way down to Panama uses the same systems that are made in United States/Canada accross central america too. In fact the entire continent uses the same outlets and electricity as well.

1 Like

Then why do Dubai high rises use American fire alarm systems?

1 Like

Here’s a video of a Gamewell-FCI system in Panama: TikTok - Make Your Day

1 Like

Some counties have very lax standards or they have importers from North American counties.

I wonder if this is the same hotel in Panama.

Several countries in the Middle East allow American or European fire alarm systems to be used.

I also remember seeing EST Genesis notification appliances and SIGA Pull stations at the Dubai International Airport