“American” fire alarms in other countries

There are EST smoke detectors at this hotel in India: Google Maps

1 Like

The Al Ain International Airport in UAE looks like it has EST Genesis.

1 Like

I wonder if Colombia counts too since I found Wheelock speaker strobes at a grand Hyatt in Bogota with a Siemens pull station.

SIMPLEX 4010 suppression panel & Tyco firefighter’s telephone & some sort of Classic or Notifier horn strobe (not knockoff) in a Chinese subway station

They also have the 4100U and ES in china

The classic looks to be a knock off since they never made one with a bracket that big and a grill with that many lines for the horn and theres no tabs on the side of the device like real ones

2 Likes

Burj Khalifa uses SpectrAlert speaker strobes in their building (UAE)

1 Like

bg12’s and i3’s. Am I right?

It also looks like it has a EST Siga 278

I only see european call points in there.

I find it interesting that Esser, a German manufacturer, rebranded EST SIGA smoke detectors (unless I’m mistaken and it’s the opposite). It isn’t a direct rebrand, however, as the Esser models are slightly different in appearance: they have a narrower base and only feature one LED. I assume that the addressable protocol is different, and I’m unsure if there are any other internal differences between the EST and Esser versions. I’ve seen these detectors on three occasions, the one pictured below being from Austria:

Here are a few other interesting examples I found online of North American panels and devices in Europe:

2 Likes

Wouldn’t surprise me that Simplex and EST3 panels were in the UK where I live

Do they also have TrueAlert and Genesis NA’s where you live?

1 Like

No, but we do have non ADA System Sensor MASSes

1 Like

burj khalifa has notifier

That is an esser detector. completely diffrent than sigas. also thank you for linking my post. My account will also show an est 3 system and other american systems.

i saw many american systems while living in croatia which is surprising as its a european country. now they use EU standards but i saw many american alarms like a conventional canadian system, est3, simplex, american siemens, us notifier components and wheelock as’s. also system sensor here made a sounder with exact same tone generator and cirquit board but different design.

I’ve never been able to find much information about these Esser detectors. They’re noticeably different from the EST SIGA—they have a narrower base, a single LED and a different texture/colour—but the housing of both types of detectors seems to be of the same general design. The Esser detector even has an outline for the second LED that would be used on a SIGA detector, which is what lead me to believe that there is a relation between the two models. It’s certainly a peculiar situation.

would you expect conventional in a highrise? no. system there is a notifier with fsp-851’s on b501bh sounder bases, spectralert advance speakers/strobes and have no idea what the manuals are.

thank you. my account has many of these pictured but and arent rare but they arent noted on the internet a lot

The Meininger Hotel in hamburg, germany has a Gentex Commander 3 and an unknown 6-inch bell in the lobby. The rest of the system consisted of European devices.