“American” fire alarms in other countries

I think I once saw esser detectors that looked even more like the EST Siga detectors.
But I don’t know if I have pictures of them.

I have seen many American devices in Croatia even though that is a European country in the EU. I have seen wheelock AS’s, est3, american siemens system, full canadian conventional system and more. example of one system i photographed. you can see more on my insta page

They are really similar but quite different. base and circuitry are really different. the only thing the same is the design.

It’s common for the Gentex Commanders to be used on other countries and continents but definitely unusual for especially one with the FIRE markings to be used on a european system. That 6 inch bell might also be american too but I’m not sure why it’d need to be next to the Horn Strobe.

Interesting find! The bell appears to be a Gentex GB6. If I’m not mistaken, Hong Chang is the original manufacturer. These bells are commonly used in North America and are rebranded by a few other companies, notably Mircom and Potter.

eh not sure about common

Gentex Commander 3 horn strobes are used in the UK by Asda and Sainsbury’s and Tesco

1 Like

I got you, friend, I think I have one of those:

For reference, this is an Esser EO2000, it might not be the same as those you saw.

3 Likes

ooh. even though i see this style a lot, is that conventional or addressable. only time i saw these were on a maybe conventional? system. But it would make sense being addressable tho

Conventional. The addressable version (EO3000) only has one LED, if I remember correctly.

The 2nd led on the EO2000 supposedly is a trouble LED, but I’ve never seen it light up.

1 Like

thats really interesting. thought the addressable also has 2 as the newer esser detectors poll green. suprising that you know more than me about these!

I found that surprising too, at first I thought they were identical to SIGA detectors (which for all intents and purposes are addressable, if I recall correctly), but after finding a sales brochure for the EO2000 series, this was when I saw that this wasn’t the case. My EO2000 occasionally blink its alarm LED when it’s not detecting anything (though I unfortunately wasn’t able to make it work with any of my panels)

Interestingly, there’s four versions of the Europa 2000 Esser detectors:

• EO 2000 (Photoelectric)

• EI 2000 (Ionization Am241)

• EC 2000 (Thermostatic)

• ES 2000 (Rate-of-Rise)

Of those, only the photoelectric and ionization versions seems to have a trouble LED, the EC/ES don’t, so far I’ve only seen EO2000s in person.

The Ex 3000 series (“E” as in “Europa”) are equally as elusive, I never saw any, besides a red one (which came like that from the factory, belive it or not)

As for newer Esser detectors (IQ8), I frankly don’t know a lot about them, besides some have a strobe built-in?

indeed. Those 2000 series need to work on ecs panels. the addressable ones i see a lot. the iq8 series has many options, smoke, smoke heat, double photo heat, photo-special photo, heat, and gas heat smoke. those options also come in sounder, strobe, sounder strobe, voice sounder, and voice sounder strobe

This one is a weird combination but I believe this is in Pakistan from looking at the channel.

And has a Fike branded BG-12 too