Difference between 9129s, 9422s and all the look-a-likes

I call it the 4903 rectangular when I can’t distinguish the alarm. I think I’ve seen 9219s at a Holiday Inn near Hersheypark were there are also 9838s on 4903-9501 plates. I just think that because they are both electromechanical. BTW, I can spot another difference between the 9237 and the 9422.

-9237: The Simplex logo is big.
-9422: The Simplex logo is small.

also the -9236 is 15CD, the -9237 is 30 CD and the -9238 is 110CD if i’m not mistaking.

Well, anyway, I already established downstairs are -9219s. They sound very, very, very low pitched. This.

What is a green square? there were green squares on strobes at my school (quickalerts)

What about 4903-9215s?

joehoose2700: Are you sure about that? First off, I don’t ever recall there being a green square symbol (there’s a green astrik, but no green square - there isn’t even a square symbol), and second, the quickalert series came out in 2000, when Simplex had already switched it’s cd rating symbols to actual labels w/ the candela rating on them (as used today). Can you perhaps take a picture of a signal at your school?

alarmpatient: the -9215 is a 30cd electromechanical, non-smartsync horn/strobe.

I’m almost positive that there was a green square. I’ve seen the green asterisk (in the halls, I think) and the orange triangle (gym), and I could’ve sworn i saw a green square (in the classrooms) (i never saw a blue circle, btw.) I am also pretty sure that the alarms were quickalerts, because you and I discussed it a while back on the old forum (i think i remember that you said that they were quickalerts because the grille has a small circle for the horn opening, unlike truealerts, which have the whole grille open, and because the strobes had a fake grille on them, unlike a truealert, which had a flat surface)

Anyway, I probably can’t get a picture, because I no longer go there, so I’d have to make a special trip to see a teacher or something…

I’ll check the datasheet for my QuickAlert when I get home, but as far as I’m concerned, they’ve always used the # labels.

I found out what the fire alarms are at the Bat Bus Transfer Center. They are Simplex 4903-9236s. I can tell because I peeked through the grille and saw the electronic horn type of thing, and it has the larger “S” logo and it has the 15 candela symbol on the strobes. They are powered by a 4005 panel with dual-action T-bars (Simplex 2099-9756) and wiffle-ball -style smoke detectors, like the kind at NewAgeServer’s middle school. The men’s room has a Gentex horn/strobe and the parking garage has Wheelock AS horn/strobes and “generic” Adaemco T-bars (relabeled as Simplex).

Hmmm, Does anyone know the model number that is electromechanical, SmartSync, and 15cd?

4903-9401.

Thanks. :smiley:

Sorry to bring back a semi-dead topic, let alone bringing up a part of the topic that was from 2 months ago, but I got a picture of the green square!

The QuickAlert in my old Stagecraft teacher’s room

A Closeup (sorry it’s kind of blurry, but trust me, it’s a green square)

these are remote strobes originally labelled QuickAlerts (note the fake grille)

Wow, I have never seen that before. All the QuickAlerts I’ve seen (including the one I own) have the printed candela rating sticker. I also don’t have any documents for the QuickAlerts that show the symbol sticker rating. I guess unless you take it off and look at the back for the model # (or guess by the size of the room), we’ll never know the QuickAlert cd symbol ratings. Unless someone who works w/ Simplex can pull up some records.

For the record, my QuickAlert came w/ datasheet # 574-722, and it’s Revision A. The latest one is Revision C. IDK about Revision B, but if my QuickAlert has the #'d cd rating, IDK what version would contain the symbol cd rating stickers…

yeah, obvously, I’m not going to take a live signal off the wall, so hopefully someone can tell us more…

For the record, I can confirm the green asterisk in the hallways on horn/strobes and orange triangles in the gym. (I actually showed my teacher the square and asterisk because she was wondering what I was taking a picture of. she knows my fascination with fire alarms)

For the record, does the rest of the school have QuickAlerts/TrueAlerts as well, or does it have the 4903/4904 series?

The rest has Quick/Truealerts. The new addition which includes an L-shaped hallway, a weight room and a girls’ team locker room have Truealerts that have the white cd rating sticker, if I remember correctly.

One last question: do all the QuickAlert remote strobes have that green square, or is it just that one particular alarm?

I can’t remember for sure, but I believe that all the remote strobes had the green square. the remote strobes were all in the classrooms and restrooms.

when I go to see the musical later this month, I can check out the restrooms, but I’m pretty sure they also had the square. if they didn’t, they had the asterisk