Difference between 9129s, 9422s and all the look-a-likes

Well, if the restrooms had the green square, I’d say they’re 15cd. I have a theory that they got rid of the special shapes and made everything square, but they still kept the color symboling. I.E., an orange square would be 110cd, and I’m assuming a blue square would be a 75cd strobe, since the TrueAlert/QuickAlert seires doesn’t have any 30cd strobed alarms.

But of course, all theories can be disproven, so I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure about the 15cd being the green square though…

are you talking specifically about the remote strobes, or all the alarms? because horn/strobes had different shapes…

Just the remote strobes. By your description, it seems like the horn/strobes had the stickers from the 4903/4904 series.

Also, since we’re back in this topic, I have made a PDF document to help identify the 4903/4904 series. If anyone wants it, send me a PM or an e-mail (if you send a PM, leave me your e-mail address) and I’ll send it to you.

yeah, they were just like the ones you described earlier in the thread. I had never seen the blue circle, but you said that QuickAlerts never had a 30 cd rating, so that would explain why.

Still, that does being up the question of what color and type of symbol the 75cd strobes had…

speaking of the stickers on the 4903/4 series, I have a question:

My 4904-9137 has no sticker on it at all: no shape or numbersticker. Why is this? I know that it is 15cd from the ID sticker on the back, but there’s no indication on the front. any reason why?

maybe the green sticker is 75 cd. but if so, why would they choose to make the sticker the same color as another shape?

as quoted from the tootsie roll commercials: “The world may never know…”

First things first: my -9139 strobes and my -9168 speaker/strobe also have no sticker on them. IDK why, but like your -9137, mine are all 15cd too. This makes me think that only the 15cd version is affected by this.

As for the sticker being 75cd, I highly doubt it. I mean it’s possible because of the fact that they were installed in classrooms, which are large and would require a higher intensity strobe, but they were also installed in the bathrooms as well, and bathrooms are usually small, so all they need are 15cd strobes (I believe I have yet to be in a restroom that had a higher intensity strobe than 15cd), which is why I think the green squares stand for 15cd strobes.

I sent you a PM.

My 9219 does not have a sticker either but I have seen some 9219’s with the green asterisk. But my 4904-9110 does not have a sticker but it should have a red triangle (110 cd).

Usually Nothing means 15 Candella

A green asterisk means 15 candella

A blue dot means 30 candella

An orange triangle means 110 candella

TrueAlerts have a candella sticker that says the rating. This sticker is located on the top of the reflector, stuck on the top of the reflector on the left side.

And I also found out there are multi candella TrueAlerts.

Yep, I have a few. Unfortunately, they are also SmartSync (at least the ones I have), so they don’t flash correctly, but they came as part of a bunch of other signals, so I’ve got others that work.

The TrueAlert speaker/strobes at the public library have the printed 15-candela stickers on the strobes. I’ve also seen remote TrueAlert strobes in the restroom of that library and at the hospital (odd, since most of the main signals at that hospital are either 4903 speaker/strobes or 2903-series Simplex speakers on 2901 retrofit plates.)

Yes and the -9238 is 110cd

I never heard of a 4901-9809/-9810 before.

WeatherDan, why don’t you have 4903-9126 on your guide? :?

Too old. That alarm has a manufacturing date of 1994, and all the manuals I have only go back to 1995. Besides, I’m actually willing to bet that places that had those alarms installed had them replaced because of the flash rate (24 per minute).

OK, I’ve sort of figured out a mystery gap for the 4903/4904 series. I am still right about the above fact, being that the alarm seen in the vid is from 1994, but rechecking my datasheets, they all come from different times. The electronic and electromechanical horn/strobe sheets come from 1997, and the speaker/strobe and remote strobe sheet (they’re the same datasheet) is from 1998. So, that would explain why signals manufactured around 1995 have no cd sticker on them.

I also discovered that the 15cd strobes on the electromechanical and speaker/strobs, as well as the remote strobes have a rating of 15/75, while the electronic signals just have a plain 15cd strobe rating…

The Showcase Cinemas in Randolph (we don’t have a a movie theater in Brockton so most people go here to see films), built in 1998, has a Simplex 4100 system with 4903 speaker/strobes that do a repeating siren-like tone (a friend of mine has heard it before). I guess that is the tone that Simplex gave the non-voice-evac 4100 cause I didn’t see any mic on it.

The Brockton Hospital has several 4903-series alarms, most likely speaker/strobes since they are installed kinda close to each other, and the other alarms there have speakers (mostly re-branded Simplex speakers on 2903 retrofits), so it might be a voice-evac system. The horizontal 4903s are in the emergency wing and in the section where I had my blood tested. But the remote strobes there are TrueAlert strobes.

All I know is at my school, we have a mix of the 4903 series. In classrooms, and hallways they are 30 CD in the bathrooms, offices, smaller rooms, etc, they are 15 CD and in the gym and possibly the auditorium they are 110 CD.