Does anyone have any other hobbies besides fire alarm collecting

They redid the console and the control system in 2017ish, they just did the 58th anniversary concert this year. Organs are way more expensive to replace than a fire alarm system.

1 Like

Yeah I could see why a organ is more expensive than a fire alarm system upgrade

2 Likes

Yooo, former theatre kid here! Man I miss working backstage - fiddling with all the technical stuffs and actually executing an artistic piece was such an amazing experience.

I focused a lot on the sound side of things, but I did a few electrical related things here and there.

1 Like

I was in theater in middle school

1 Like

I am avid Aviation geek and wish to be a pilot (or a technician for Simplex)

1 Like

Oh I know, my old high school (yes high school) has a $200,000 pipe organ in our large chapel.

My high school was built in the 60s, as a Seminary, basically a priests school. The first floor and basements had the classes, admin, cafeteria, etc. 2nd and 3rd floors, and also an alternate wing built, were all dormitories. The first floor also boasted a large chapel were they would do mass at 7am each day. Like this chapel is literally the size of a small church, probably bigger. Along with the $200,000 Organ, is some very rare, custom made lights, and then stained glass windows to boot. The organ itself is very cool, the pipes all built into the large wall at the front of the chapel.

Eventually, it was turned into an all boys school, a co-ed school, and then finally a high school in the late 80s, around the time they installed the Edwards 6500, as they did a massive reno. They added a double gymnasium wing, Library, and redid all the dorms to classrooms. The organ still remains today, but it isnā€™t used at all anymore sadly. & I wonder the fate of the organ when the school gets replaced soon. I heard they were going to try and sell it.

1 Like

Wow thatā€™s so cool. Lowkey jealous. Did you ever get to see the console?

2 Likes

same my guy i love to do backstage in my theatre group and class

2 Likes

No unfortunatley. But, I am due for a private self tour eventually of the property. Iā€™m going to document the entire building before itā€™s eventual demise, which was supposed to be in 2019.

1 Like

Some things Iā€™m interested in other than life safety are Abandoned Railroad crossings finding, theater. As well as Weather: Radios and sirens.

2 Likes

Iā€™m also an orchestra nerd. Hereā€™s a video

1 Like

I save songs played on 98.7 Jack FM.

1 Like

Looks Catholic. I can tell because I am Catholic!

Lutheran actually. But close enough

I like the vintage stained glass

Yes, I have heard that Lutherans are very similar to Catholics, except that we, as Catholics, believe that the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Christ are truly present in the host at the consecration.

And I am a Christian

Thatā€™s great! Are you Catholic? :smiley:

Nope only Christian.

@Caleb_Culwell You should look into it! :grinning: