Favorite two alarm brands

What is your two favorite fire alarm brands? My two favorites are est and notifier

Mine would probably be Simplex, because of their rich history, and Gentex because of their high product quality

1 Like

I guess mine would be Silent Knight (for their very easy-to-use panels, or at least the SK-5208) & Gentex (not only for their outstanding product quality as Abigail said but also because they’re pretty much the only company I’ve known to gladly do business with enthusiasts, as I once needed replacement parts for some of my Gentex devices & they sent me them no questions asked, which I was sure to thank them for).

2 Likes

Yea gentex makes some nice alarms

I like Gentex and simplex. It’s a shame they’re so proprietary.

Really only the latter’s ES-series & bigger 4000-series panels are: pretty much all the others (including the upcoming Foundation series) are not.

I meant with like smartsync and stuff like that

Simplex and Faraday. I like their older equipment.

SmartSync’s not really proprietary like the aforementioned panels are.

Faraday’s my 3rd fave. I like the mtls, and the alarms that came out at the same time.

I meant the alarms that require smartsync to work (cough cough truealert)

Probably Wheelock and Simplex are my two favorites.

System sensor/Honeywell is everywhere, decent quality devices though.

1 Like

Wheelock and Gentex would have to be my two favorites.

Still not the same kind of “proprietary” that Simplex’s bigger 4000-series & ES-series panels are.

1 Like

I guess I’ve never used a panel like that

Yeah Honeywell makes some pretty nice addressable and conventional smoke detectors

IMO the 951 series are the best looking detectors in the business right now. The i3 works with everything and is simple and reliable.

Even notifiers discontinued smoke and heat detectors are nice

I would say my favourite brands are Honeywell (pretty much own every UK fire alarm company) and the Gentex fire alarms. They seem cool and one day I hope to bring one of these to the UK as a collector’s item.

2 Likes