Fire Alarm Dreams/Fantasies...

I just had one where, according to me legally pulling the fire alarm post, did it. I was so upset when I figured out it was a dream.

Being a car garage it sounds like the horn on a BIG truck.

How ironic! :shock: I had a dream just like that last night!!! In the dream, I told my dad, “I can’t wait to tell the guys on the board about this!” And, get this. The strobes were in PERFECT sync!!! I could see ALL of them going off at the same time in my dream!

Sounds like a song!!!

Sounds obnoxious and annoying. I did laugh when I listened to it though.

I can think of two dreams I’ve had that had something to do with fire alarms.

In one of them, I was in MS, and my aide and I were standing in the lobby like we were waiting for something or someone. All of a sudden, a tiny little bell started ringing, like a 2-1/2 in. doorbell. It was very quiet, and it was supposedly only one bell. However, my aide grabbed my hand and said something like “Ok come on that’s the bell!” and we started going outside. That’s pretty much all that happened in the dream. Evidently, that one little doorbell was supposed to be a fire alarm! :? As far as I’m concerned, it’s not really that hard to distinguish between a doorbell and a fire bell! :roll:

In the other dream, I was in a waiting room in what might have been Children’s Hospital in Boston, Mass… The wall across from me had a HUGE horn/strobe on it that looked very similar to a Wheelock NS. Around the corner, there was a small 2-1/2 in. bell. All of the sudden the custodian from my ES (who is a very young and funny guy) came in and said, in a rather exciting manner, “Hey Brandon! Watch this! I’m gonna pull the fire alarm!” I then heard what sounded like a very quiet, muffled Simplex 9838 horn doing the 120-bpm march time pattern, but it didn’t sound like it was coming from the h/s across from me. Likewise, the strobe on that huge alarm didn’t flash at all. No authorities were notified or anything; it was almost as if pulling a fire alarm was an everyday activity like turning on a light (no, I have NEVER pulled a fire alarm before!)

That’s all I can think of for now. I’ll see you all 'round the Web!

Brandon

1 Like

I had multiple odd dreams about not fire alarms, but smoke alarms when I was a kid. I used to be scared of smoke alarms because they were so loud and occasionally malfunctioned.

Anyways, here are my dreams.

1. I was outside near my BBQ grill and smoke from it started blowing in my house. I heard no noises, but all these red LEDs started shining in random places in the house.

2. I lived in sort of a cave like from the stone age and instead of smoke alarms, HOT DOGS dripping with mustard were taped to the ceiling.

3. I cant remember exactly what happened in this dream, but what I do remember is that all of the smoke alarms in my house were sounding and I had to run out and hope that none of them sounded any more.

Weird, huh?

I just had one where our HS alarms sounded in Continuous, then stopped, did C3, stopped, did Pulse then there was a POP from where the panel was. We walked over to it to find out it was blackened… Then it was replaced with an EST3 panel, 278 dual-action pulls with Stoppers, SIGA smokes, and ceiling mount Genesis h/s. And I got the old H/S units (9838s on the 100cd plate [which I’m still interested in, azman]).

Last night I was basically at a recreation of the Burnsville Center, and at one end, there was a SpectrAlert speaker/strobe, however they placed a 9833 behind the speaker grill! Anyhow, the back box was leaking water so I removed the signal, thankfully it itself hadn’t gotten wet.

Last night or the night before I had a dream where I set up another fire alarm system in my garage. It had these wierd looking non-ADA compliant Horn/strobes and a general panel.

Oh yes, I just had a VERY weird dream last night. I was in this convention center type place, and the only alarms they had there were Wheelock 7002Ts. But these were no ordinary 7002T’s, oh no. Whenever they went off, you know, with the horn and strobe going off, they SHOCKED stuff and burnt it!! I think this was pretty ironic…
Oh yeah, I was operating a video camera from the 1980’s that used video tubes instead of CCD’s! It was a JVC 1900E. They used Saticon tubes…

OK, here are most of them.

I’ve recently went to Mystic, CT, so I had a dream that I was in Mystic Pizza and had a Gentex Commander3 (replaced a SpectrAlert) and underneath it was an Edwards 270-SPO. (The pull didn’t say “local alarm” or “fire alarm” but instead, it said “ACTIVITY”.) And a kid said “Look, I’m going to pull the fire alarm!” and the alarm did not go off.

I had 2 dreams of mini animated green-strobed versions of the Wheelock 7002 (w/ trim plate) on series of buildings and one of the dreams had an unusual alarm: a 34T on a trim plate.

Another one was based on a false alarm at a daycare center I went to in 1999. I was standing outside a door on the left, I was like “I don’t wanna go in!” but a SpectrAlert (yes they were SpectrAlerts on the day of the false alarm) went off screaming Code-3 (no, it didn’t start with 1 beep like SpectrAlerts would).

In another dream, I was in the main entrance of the Holiday Inn Finger-Lakes Region in Auburn, NY (I’ve been there in late June 2003 and in 1998 [IDK]) there was a Gentex GX-90S-4 standing like a sign.

I was dreaming that I was in a mall and saw a giant System Sensor MASS.

I went to a store that I usually pass by when I go to the dentist, there was a MASS and a Wheelock NS next to each other outside the store.

There was one dream that I was in my grandma’s house and I was watching a video of Ben Schumin’s P1215. The movie started I began to freak out :shock:. Then I woke up. [I was at the Holiday Inn Finger-Lakes Region in Auburn, NY].

If there are dreams that come up to me that I had in the past, I will make sure.

I had a weird one the other night where I was at a large hardware store and there was some idiot trying to make a car engine use propane instead. I thought to myself, “This guy’s gonna start a fire!!” So I ran into the hardware store and pulled the TINY Cerberus Pyrotronics MS-501 with one finger instead of four. It was tiny, and it wasnt big like the real ones are. I then left, and on the way out, I noticed a BG-10 but it didnt have the push in part and a Simplex 4251 T-bar manufactured by a company called Xelpmis. The alarms were AS’s but they sounded like 4050’s! The alarm in the area where the idiot was was an MT that did march time. It was really quiet though… So everyone evacuated and I saw the hardware store, then I woke up from the dream in the truck and I looked up and saw the exact same hardware store, then I told dad that I pulled the fire alarm in a dream, then I heard the AS’s in the store go off but they sounded like alarm clocks in march time, then I woke up in my bed from a dream in a dream! That’s never happened before! A dream in a dream!

1 Like

That’s interesting. I might have had a dream inside a dream one time, but it was a long time ago.

I had a dream when my 10" bell was still on its way that it finally arrived, but I activated it and it sounded like a 4" bell! I was disappointed! But then I woke up.

I had a lot of Fire/KSCI alarm dreams but I’ll tell you one Fire alarm dream and a KSCI dream. Fire alarm: I was in this parking lot which had Simplex 4050s and Wheelock speaker/strobes (ceiling mounted). I was just walking around when all of the sudden. The Simplex 4050s go off and the Wheelock speaker/strobes where doing slow whoop! So I went to the nearest exit and evacuated and then my dream was finished! KSCI dream: I was in this school, in a classroom watching a movie and I was standing by a Simplex dual action T-bar-KSCI pull station. The TV was doing weird things and the teacher thought the DVD was scratched. But there wasn’t any scratches! All of the sudden! This graphic image comes up (this one http://kill-sally-club.deviantart.com/art/Two-princesses-who-ll-survive-21433776)!!! So I pulled the pullstation and all the Wheelock MT-24-LSM-KSCI alarms and Simplex 2904s went off in 90bpm marchtime! The MTs were extremely loud that they make say to everyone “MAN IS THAT LOUD!!!” and went on! I exited out the nearest exit and waited outside, then the dream ended! Those dreams were quite weird!!! :shock:

If you are afraid to see the image please don’t look at it. The ones who are curious go ahead, it’s not mine though. :wink:

I had a dream the other night that there were 2 U-MMTs installed in my room. :shock:

I can’t see it at all. The Mature Content Filter is on.

That’s because you have to actually get an account there and set your age over 18. Sorta like YouTube.

Do you want me to send it to you?