Fire Alarm Fails

That makes it even worse I feel.

the kid literally tampered with the system and could cause a trouble on the panel.

1 Like

Isn’t doing something like that highly illegal? If it isn’t, I think doing something like that should get you put inside the Contraption.

1 Like

UPDATE: More than 2 weeks later, the SpectrAlert is still hanging from the ceiling and the keys are still in the key switch. Also, I noticed a bunch of poinsettias blocking a fire extinguisher. I thought about asking the florist, “Umm, if a fire were to break out right now, how would I get to that extinguisher? There is literally a pile of flowers blocking it!”

1 Like

Screenshot 2023-12-28 11.52.59 AM
out of all the other places on the wall why there

2 Likes

I see the fail. It’s est

well that too lol It will probably fail that math final too

3 Likes

I thought I told you not to paint the fire alarm? There were two more of these inside, but the system was upgraded to an addressable Fire-Lite system and they were replaced by a bunch of ceiling mount L-Series.

3 Likes

I wonder why they never replaced that outdoor one and if it’s still hooked up.

I recently posted this in another thread already but having multiple troubles is definitely a fail

2 Likes

Tsk tsk tsk, people still don’t know that installing est stuff is against code

2 Likes

EST:

Every
Single
Trouble

EST:
Eat
Umm… poop
Technologies

Is the cover open? Also seems like there is a ground fault as well.

To be fair, it looks like it is a Vesda problem. Aka a Honeywell problem.

1 Like

It was locked when I found it in the lobby, but an active supervisory and multiple troubles is not something to be ignored.

1 Like

Found a newer Genesis in my school that has the cover on wrong. Notice the candela Indicator isn’t there. What I mean by newer is that it was installed in 2021.

1 Like

Didn’t want this in my last post, but would this be a code violation or at least a fail?

1 Like

The horn would also not sound well on it as it’d be mostly covered up. It shouldn’t also have the exposed wire that can be tampered with.

It’s an open ceiling. The wire runs on the upper side of the rafter after leaving the backbox. I forgot to mention the piezo being covered.