Fire Alarm Fails

Yes, smoke detectors should not be in the “dead air space” in the immediate corner area.

1 Like

I don’t know if this is exactly a fail, but is definitely strange.
Cafe Hollander @ The Corners of Brookfield

1 Like

EST Genesis horn strobe in bathroom and a Ron Weasley spotlight backup.

1 Like

Unfortunately at the moment I don’t have any images of it, but I did take some images but it’s on another device. I will get a image of it here when possible.

Basically a few months ago there was a fire drill in my apartment. It was a Simplex 4100ES system. They pulled one of the T bars close to the staircase on the ground floor. After the drill ended the pull station remained activated and they didn’t reset it. I don’t know how on earth they did that without either causing the system to reactivate, or disabling that device. It wasn’t until a week later that they finally got it to reset, but they should have reset it in the first place because it being activated would render it unusable.

And by the way, the annunciator close by that pull station had the key in it, which could allow someone to tamper with the system.

Saw this at Walmart yesterday

1 Like

It could be a remote strobe, for some reason they didn’t fill in the horn grille on the remote strobes but also, EST.

They may have inadvertently bypassed it. From what I remember, simplex addressable systems will not let you reset them until you make sure that all points are either ready to be returned to normal (smokes and heats not at the trip threshold) and all the modules are clear as well.

They did have it reset though with that pull station left activated, not sure how. I’m not that familiar with Simplex systems so I don’t know how they work to the same extent as other systems.

1 Like