Fire alarms at the worst/best times

Yeah, I wait those extra few seconds to grab my stuff as well.

The closest we’ve ever had fire drills was a day apart, in my Grade 9 year for high school. On the monday we had one, and then on the wednesday we had another one.

I’ve had that happen to me in elementary school. I was in the middle of changing and the alarm sounded, but i finished changing and got out. We were never allowed to bring anything with us for fire drills in school. I remember my grade 4 teacher telling me a story when she worked at another school. It was winter, they were doing gym, and they were all barefoot. There was a fire, the alarm sounded, and the grade 8s had to carry the kids outside because they had nothing on their feet.

Last year, me and a classmate were doing the recycling rounds, right when the district maintenance guy decided to pull the last fire drill of the year! As soon as the bells started ringing, me and my classmate looked at each other, and rushed into action. It was at this point that my crazy partner decided to leave the cart in front of a classroom door, and as soon as the door opened, it knocked over the cart and broke the 5 fully-loaded bags that were on there. We just decided “Screw it” and ran to hold the doors for the other classes. Let’s just say our principal was less than pleased! :lol:

Worst time when we had to put our disabled student.
In the wheelchair .

Thankfully, i’ve never had to go through a fire drill in winter. And with this cool new thing I learned about, no one will complain about being stuck in the cold! :smiley:

Best time: when I was in 3rd grade our class took a “field trip” to the teacher’s car to get something. On our way back, the EST genesis’s started sounding.

Worst Time:
In 5th grade music class in the cafetorium practicing for the winter concert and there are 4 EST genesis’s in there and our ears were hurting so bad.

When I was in elementary school, we did two fire drills a day sometimes because at that point we had AM and PM kindergarten. I thought that was the norm when I moved to middle school but turns out it wasn’t. Instead we had what was called dismissal fire drills in which we dismissed from school by a fire drill. I don’t think my elementary school does two fire drills a day anymore since they have full day kindergarten and preschool and I’m not sure that my middle school does dismissal fire drills anymore since the principal that was in charge of it has retired.

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=83457 time=1554315108 user_id=18]

When I was in elementary school, we did two fire drills a day sometimes because at that point we had AM and PM kindergarten. I thought that was the norm when I moved to middle school but turns out it wasn’t. Instead we had what was called dismissal fire drills in which we dismissed from school by a fire drill. I don’t think my elementary school does two fire drills a day anymore since they have full day kindergarten and preschool and I’m not sure that my middle school does dismissal fire drills anymore since the principal that was in charge of it has retired.

[/quote]

The only time I ever participated in a drill like that was in summer school. I found it weird because other than that the latest my schools would ever do drills is like the beginning of last period.

Best time : none (coincidence? I think not!) save for that one time during an internship, the FAs went off right when I was leaving as it was my final day.

Worst time: weeeel this one’s a doozy and my memory’s fuzzy on this one! So I’ll keep it brief, having a fire drill right at the beginning (not exactly the beginning as it was 9:56 am) of class is sure great…

So then having a fire drill almost at the beginning before you get a chance to settle in then? Yeah I can see how that would be very disruptive from when you get in and are finally ready to deal with classes. :stuck_out_tongue:

Best time: Having to take an essay or test and you aren’t prepared. A false alarm could lead up to the end of the period, therefore allowing you another day to study.

Worst time: Taking a dump in the bathroom especially in the rare case a horn is installed. Either you get out of there as fast as you can or you stay in the stall till the fire alarm stops (unless someone walks in to evacuate the restroom). I know someone in my school who had done that during the safety drill period and they didn’t get caught surprisingly.

Your school have any horns in the restrooms? Before and after the upgrade? I know your school had Simplex 2901-9846 horns on Simplex 4903-9105 strobe plates and surprisingly, the Olive Garden I go to has a Simplex 2901-9838 horn on a 4903-9105 strobe in the BATHROOM!

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=83560 time=1555524911 user_id=18]

Your school have any horns in the restrooms? Before and after the upgrade? I know your school had Simplex 2901-9846 horns on Simplex 4903-9105 strobe plates and surprisingly, the Olive Garden I go to has a Simplex 2901-9838 horn on a 4903-9105 strobe in the BATHROOM!

[/quote]

Theres only two bathrooms in the west building that have ZH horn/strobes while the rest have remote strobes. I’m assuming rushed installation. The other building used to have one Simplex TrueAlert horn/strobe visible from a woman’s restroom if the door was opened, although during a fire drill I heard no TrueAlert sounds while passing by so its safe to say that horn is disconnected. All bathrooms in that building have speakers now.

The building was extremely strobe heavy with its original alarms so no.

The hardwired smokes went off in my house for a legit fire, and again my security system went off at 9:00 PM for another legit fire. Having to use an extinguisher moments after saying goodnight to your family and closing your eyes to go to sleep is a strange experience.

Dear God that sounds so scary. What happened to cause the fire?

The first time was some curtains being placed onto an incandescent bulb, and the second was the same but with towels, except it was much less severe as I was able to stop it in less than a minute. It was very scary.