Fire Alarms in video games

I play Grand Theft Auto IV LCPDFR with a couple of friends, and one night inside a building i saw this!

It looks like a bell and a Gamewell Century.

dosen’t the bell look like a whelock bell

The bell kind of looks like a Honeywell bell. Bells look so similar, what bell the game creators were looking at when they made this (if they were even looking at a bell) will be hard to figure out.

We have a topic for alarms in video games.

EDIT: Merged.

Sorry to bump such an old topic but I was watching a playthrough of Watch_Dogs and in the mission “The Future is in Blume” at the end the alarm goes off in the Blume HQ. It’s some kind of piezos doing the 4002-style Temporal 3. Can’t really tell, either higher pitched AS/MT or maybe SpectrAlert Advance if I had to guess.

Warning - Strong Language. They can also be triggered if you’re spotted earlier on.

Also bells and call points can be seen throughout, strange since Ubisoft Montreal developed it.

A cool one - In the Terminator 2 Arcade game in the Cyberdyne stage there are alarms. I had mentioned this before and originally thought they were MTs, but looking at a playthrough:

They’re actualy very well drawn FS Vibratones with Halon VALS strobes. FCI MS-2s can also be seen.

sorry if anybody has already mentioned this, but in the apartment building on the mall level in left 4 dead 2, you can see in the hallways what look to be wheelock lsm remote strobes flashing. ill have to get a photo of it at some point…

Another - In Battlefield Hardline there are SpectrAlert Classic white horn/strobes at various places in the game.

SPOILER ALERT

In one part you’re in a hotel’s parking ramp and a car explosion triggers sprinklers and the alarms. The strobes are represented as flashing lights, and a pulsed Hi-Low signal is heard. There may be other places…

Also in the hotel in the beginning there are square devices on the ceiling that might be a smoke.

https://youtu.be/i3zTg0EOhAQ?list=PL7j0JO-w0xWkjmuoZTR10_thwXn_QgZz3&t=1350 Here’s a video showing them going off.

END SPOILER ALERT

There’s also bells in the more older/ghetto buildings. I don’t have the game, but have been watching playthroughs. In one of their E3 trailers you could also see the Spectras going off. However that’s a “Blink and you’ll miss it” scene since the player is running through the building and the alarm can only be seen briefly.

This AS can be found near the Vangelico store in GTA V. As far as I know, this only appears in current-gen versions (This was taken on a PS4, don’t know if it’s present on Xbone or PC versions of the game).

It’s on the PC version as well. Also a modified version of an older UK Kidde/Fyrnetics can be found in Franklin’s aunt’s home.

Not a fire alarm, but Halo CE has a signal that sounds like a Wheelock MT and AS. (even though a different pattern)

There is a GTA 5 (PS4) video, in which you can hear and see bells that appear to be flashing.
CONTAINS EXPLICIT LANGUAGE

(View in YouTube)

In Call Of Duty: Black Opps Ghost. The tank fatory map has Faraday bells and MTS

Im so sorry for bumping. :?

I’m bumping just like Fire alarms are cool is, but the revamped version of de_nuke in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive has a fire alarm system.

The pull stations are based DIRECTLY off Fire-Lite BG-12Ls, even having the original “Fire-Lite” logos intact, however the “FIRE ALARM” lettering on the top is taken from the Simplex t-bar. There are both flush and surface mount versions, and covers for each type. Quite surprised Valve hasn’t been sued by Fire-Lite for unauthorized use of their logo, though I guess Valve decided to leave the logo on the model due to it being a small detail in the map that probably few players would notice.

The actual alarm models in the map are based off the alarm models from Left 4 Dead 2 (Wheelock MT/LSM), albeit with no “FIRE” lettering on the sides and white so they can be painted any color.

The smoke detector models are pulled straight from L4D2 (Simplex “wiffle ball” detectors).

No panel can be seen, though I’m sure Valve knew it wouldn’t be worth the time and expense to make a model and place it in the map as chances are again players simply wouldn’t notice it in the heat of battle.

That is actually very intriguing now that you have shown us! Its always nice when media actually gets representation of fire alarms somewhat right.

Yeah, like I said I was quite surprised to see that Valve left the original manufacturer logos intact even though they’ve removed the manufacturer logos from every single other model in the game. The only thing they didn’t get correct was the lettering on top, of course, though they both might have wanted to make it obvious that it was a fire ALARM pull station as well as possible copyright evasion. (they would have been directly copying the BG-12’s design had they left the original lettering on, and I know Valve supposedly had to change a car model slightly in Half-Life 2 because it looked too similar to the VW Golf) In a similar fashion I was also surprised to see Duke Nukem 3D’s HD Pack t-bar being an exact copy of an actual Simplex t-bar, even having the “SIMPLEX” lettering intact! (don’t these companies have to worry about getting sued for unauthorized use of other companies’ logos, though maybe they haven’t because fire alarms in video games are usually a small background detail that no one’s likely to notice)

I would to think that it might be because Simplex is a lot more lax when it comes to copyright laws regarding their devices than Notifier maybe. You are more likely to see a T-Bar and a horn/strobe from than then a pull or notification device from another company.

Huh, what do you know, for once a company that DOESN’T flip out at their logos being used without permission. Hey, free advertising for them right? Oh yeah, I just realized today that NewAge hasn’t been on here in over TWO YEARS, so I guess for now at least I’m out of luck when it comes to getting help from him. I wouldn’t say the problems I’m currently experiencing are anything major, it would just be nice to get them resolved.

Pretty sure Simplex realizes that it is the most recognizable brand when it comes to fire protection (which may end up being passed by Notifier in the future so why they would place copyrights on their devices for video games is just dumb :roll: ) so it wouldn’t really be feasible to set them up for EVERYTHING that has a recreation of their devices in animated media.