Fire Drills 2014-2015 School Year

My principal wanted to get the drills out of the way before it starts to get cold.

lol that lust made my night XD

Its almost a month into the school year yet and we havent had a fire drill with our new simplex voice evac system. I have no idea what tones and or messages it uses. Last year we didnt have a fire drill until the middle of october, and only had four or five i think. That was with our Faraday/Cerberus Pyrotronics/Siemens UMMT’s

I thought the janitors were the ones that set of the alarms for fire drills? At least at my high school, it was just the two janitors and three principals running the drill.

I do remember we had 2 fire drills, within a day apart of each other. But, I don’t think my school board/fire marshal is too strict with fire drills around my city. I think we are supposed to do at least 6 a year per school, There was one year we actually did six. Other than that, we would usually fall around 3-4 drills a year.

I also wear headphones so I don’t have a meltdown when the alarms go off.

They let you? Is it because they have alarms in the classrooms?

Why not just get on the fire drill “notification list?”

Even though I wear headphones, I still get told about the drill beforehand.

WHOOOOO WHO!!!
WE HAD A FIRE DRILL!!!
Happened yesterday in 7th period…
So i was in the choir room, and MAAAAAAAAAA MAAAAAAAAAA… So its a Simplex remote horn(Square, sounds like a TrueAlert). Then you walk into the hall were an american version of the System Sensor HRA replaced a Simplex. Walk by the library to hear 5 Spectra Alert Advances, walk down the hall by the door to hear the “Unknown Vibratone” sounding in the fashion, MAAAAAAAAAA MAAAAAAAAAA…
Here is a sound clip:
http://reptools.pcbscomputers.com/FireDrill9-30-14.mp3

Later i start arguing about the “Old” Horns… Shes stupid… BUT REALIZED THE “Unknown Vibratone” IS A MECHANICAL/VIBRATING!

Did they tell you about it beforehand or was it a surprise?

I assume the Simplex remote horn was similar to a Simplex 4903-9236.

did you scream again? :lol: a

Scream…???
All suprise

Were the alarms in Code 3, Continuous, Pulse or March Time?

Friday:
The fire alarms went off. I thought “finally, a fire drill”. Not actually, there was a real fire.
We stood outside for a long time, and I thought something might have been up. When I saw a fire truck and ambulance pull in, I knew that somebody pulled the alarm or there was a fire. After about an hour, we were let back in, and after about 3 hours, people could return to the hallway where the fire was.

What started the fire?

From what I’ve heard from teachers and the news, it was a science experiment gone wrong. A fire started, they put it out, kid pulled the alarm. We were outside for so long because smoke got sucked into the air handling system.

[quote] smoke got sucked into the air handling system. [/quote]

Did all that smoke destroy the air handler?

We haven’t had any fire drills at GHS yet. The school used to have a Simplex 4002, but over the summer, it was replaced with an Edwards system (either an EST3 or a conventional Quickstart)! I have some pics of the annunciator, which as you can see, replaces an RCU/SCU annunciator:

I don’t think these are too big; they’re not page stretchers.

[attachment=1]Annunciator 129.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=0]Annunciator 130.JPG[/attachment]

Anyways, sometime during the second week of school, the system began showing an intermittent ground fault. They didn’t bother silencing it, because after twenty minutes the fault would clear itself, then would reappear after five minutes. I guess the alarm company was pretty busy, because my band director had to deal with the beeping for almost two weeks (the annunciator is right next door to the band room)!

So, the alarm company came and determined the cause to be the wiring, which is from when the school was originally built back in the 1950s! :shock:
The alarm company was back this Friday, and it looked like they were starting to replace the wiring on the NAC.

Anyways, on 9/25, the middle school had a fire drill. We went on a walk for Phys. Ed. during period 4, which is from 1:15 to 2:18. As we walked by, the Phys. Ed. class was outside playing soccer. I heard a loud warbling, similar to an electronic burglar alarm siren, and the kids in the Phys. Ed. class ran to the east side of the school. I was confused at first, but I realized what was going on when I heard a 6-inch bell in code 3. The warbling was from a door alarm on one of the portable classrooms. I was impressed, because it looked like it took the whole school only 30 seconds or so to be out and lined up. As we walked past the other side, I heard what sounded like two 10-inch bells (think “The Simpsons”), also in code 3. it seemed like the alarm sounded for a good three or four minutes.

Smoke only hurts living things. They had to clean it out.

Did they also clean out the blower?