Forum approved fire (and other life saftey) codes

I am going to insert a blank google document. I am hoping we could all work together to create our own version of fire codes, that the forum would approve of. i know that i am probably making an admin mad by making this, but this is only for fun.

The document:

Also, feel free to put your username before the text you put in. i would like to see who contributes to this.

Here is the link to the discord: Discord

2 Likes

I actualy think that this is a good idea

for future referance, i meant putting your username behind the text. like this:

-(username) text

agreed. the people who actually seem to acknowledge the existence of older devices and systems should put something together. besides, i know a lot of forum users quote assorted fire code literature.

I see a lot of things that should be aginst code but arnt like the horns in bathrooms ( my high school dose have horn strobes in the bathroom and went off whenI was washing mhands

it’s not the worst thing, quite frankly. if voice evac has speaker strobes in bathrooms, i see no reason why horn evac should differ.

its the volume weelovefirealarms made a video about that the horn in a bathroom can be as loud as a rock concert.

that was a spectralert advance, the 2nd loudest alarm ever.

my school has genisises

those are actually pretty quiet.

@Lightning_Fox Genesis remote strobes (the original version, not the LED version) use the same housing as horn/strobes, which means that the remote strobes will have a horn grille.

As for the need for audible signals in restrooms: speakers make considerably more sense than horns, for several reasons. When upgrading a system, it may be insufficient to simply put speaker/strobes in the exact spots where horn/strobes were.

1. Speakers are considerably quieter than horns.
  2. A horn signals to leave the building, but a speaker might signal to do something else (e.g. walk down a couple of floors, or wait for further information).
  3. Announcements can also be made in other types of emergencies. Example: an armed intruder breaks into an office building during business hours. The desk attendant sees this, and goes to the panel microphone and makes an announcement to immediately shelter-in-place and lock doors. If someone’s in a bathroom and hears an announcement from the desk attendant but cannot understand what is being said, they may go out into the hallways which could put them in harm’s way.

no I was next to the alarm when it went off there was a horn

i can sort of verify. my elementary school’s system is not an EST system with only horn strobes, excluding 2 speaker strobes in the cafeteria.

well the EST system atmy school is getting replaced because the panel was losing its mind and setting off the alarms and having troubles that wernt even there

1 Like

do you guys think i should start a discord server over this?

yes I think you should

from what my principal told me we will be getting a mass notification system with expander plates

Also, in regards to OP: These “codes” are a community creation and should not be construed as the official stance of any single user or staff member, or The Fire Panel, LLC.
From my understanding, this forum’s logo and branding are trademarks of The Fire Panel, LLC, and using them would constitute trademark infringement.

1 Like

i have put them nowhere as of now.

1 Like

If you need some advice on Firefighting Access and that such for the code book, let me know. I have some knowledge up my sleeve.