Greensboro Coliseum fire alarms

![IMG_20240203_140825|375x500]
(upload://pLq0LFU1XfXVm4iS0c1S5POM5DN.jpeg)

That one E90 with the wall-orientation strobe is very strange: heck I don’t think Wheelock even makes such models meaning a strobe from a wall-mount device must have been put on it! (for some reason)

1 Like

It is pretty cool, when i was there for the basketball game i thought it was cool that they had such appliances

By the way have you heard of the new company loganetics made, albeit being new it is cool, you should check it out yourself

Here is the link https://www.loganetics.com/

I think your first picture didn’t process correctly.

1 Like

Yes it didn’t idk why

I don’t believe so: are they one of the members like 4050-80 who are making their own products?

You know, I didn’t even notice that at first!

Yes they are im thinking about buying one

By the way, what are 4050-80s products

Oh, okay.

I forget. I wanna say one of them was a line of homemade panels though.

1 Like

Yes, I make my own products. I sell mechanical minihorns for $24.95 each and a basic control panel for $49.95. Let me know if you have any questions.

1 Like

“mechanical minihorns”…alright then: not every day you hear about a device like that!

1 Like

It utilizes a small mechanical buzzer rather than a piezo. It is low pitched compared to most other mini horns, and it vibrates a little bit.
Two demonstration videos can be found on the YouTube channel called Loganetics Fire Systems. There is one demonstrating how the horn sounds on different coding options (not built into the unit) and there is a 10-foot sound test.
Each mini horn sounds slightly different because the buzzer is rated for 400 HZ, give or take 100 (per the manufacturer datasheet).

1 Like

do you have any photos of your “Basic control panel”?

Yes, the photo is low resolution though because this is a rendered image of the PCB.

The physical parts are still on the way.

I should mention that this fire alarm control panel has 2 unsupervised conventional zones, 2 unsupervised conventional NACs, and operates on 24 volts DC. The NACs are continuous only, and they have short protection. It is designed to be extremely simple, so it is inexpensive for people the buy.

Thats really cool. How did you make your products

I hope you get to be a popular manufacturer/distributor someday. Once it gets to be UL certified the contractors might be able to pick up the products and have them installed in real buildings.

2 Likes

I just sent you a PM

1 Like

Lots of time, patience, money, and skill. It takes a while to learn how to use software and it can cost a lot of money to build these devices. Patience is also important because shipping times can be high if parts are being imported from other countries, and you need to learn information about electronics and/or electrical devices.

1 Like