My fire alarm pictures.

This is a Gentex GX-90.

Here’s that EST horn. Clear ripoff!

Just because they look kind of similar doesn’t mean they are a ripoff…it’s a practical design that multiple other companies besides Gentex and EST have used, such as Wheelock and Federal Signal, to name a few. Additionally, I don’t think it’s possible to be able to ascertain who originally came up with an alarm that looks like these. For all we know, Gentex could have copied the idea from EST. Now, if one company were copying the technologies that were used for the horn or the strobe from a different company, then I think that there would be a problem, but not because they have a slightly similar appearance.

coughseimenswheelockcough cough

It is flu season, isn’t it? :wink:

Ah yeah, no duh, perfect example right there. :lol:

Lol. He is technically right. It’s not a ripoff of something when it looks somewhat like another model alarm made by another company, like for example an ADT pull station may look a lot like a dual action Simplex T-bar ( but the key is an exception to this because the Cat 30 Key that the ADT pull comes with is exactly like a Simplex B style key ), but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a complete ripoff. A knockoff is more of a better word. It basically means a close make to another object. Plus, like he said, it’s just a popular design, so it may not even be intentional in the first place.

Its been WAY too long now I know, but after scavenging for practically anything, I found some stuff. Sorry if it has been too long and such.

Anyway, many of these photos are focused on primarily the lighting, ironically, so enjoy.

This is a much better designed duct detector below a Classic Spectra. ( Air Products and Controls LTD. duct detector tester )

I am kinda curious as to what is going on here.

Federal Signal 6 inch Vibratone bell.

This may look like an average RSS, but if you look closely, it has different styled reflector glass, plus it was in a Siemens system, so im guessing its a Siemens RSS ripoff.

Older Siemens smoke detector. Im gonna guess that this is photoelectric.

The classic Spetoralert.

Outdoor speaker.

One of my collaborators took this: its another Simplex 2901-9838+4903-9105.

I found this home smoke alarm… in a fast food bathroom.

System Sensor alarm indicator.

Gentex SHG.

Way up there is a System Sensor DH400ACDC

System Sensor 2151. The photo was supposed to have certain coloring but when transferred over to my computer, it didnt work.

Gigantic Grinnell sprinkler system unit.

Space Age Electronics AV33 that says ‘Emergency Alert’ on it.

System Sensor MASSM.

Notifier BG-10. The picture didnt focus properly, but i think it looks very neat like this.

Its another one of those heat detectors.

This was a photo that had popped up on my Facebook news feed, and this alarm ( which appears to be a flush mount 4050 ) was the first thing i noticed in this photo.

An older designed Ansul pull station, but this person’s hand HAD to be in the way. Oh well.

No this Simplex 4098-9402 isnt in alarm, it just liked to poll every second or so.

Simplex 4098-9402 /w Simplex 4904-9144.

Although this building did have evidence of an alarm system, these Federal Signal speakers must have been the alarms.

System Sensor RA400Z.

A dual action RSG T-bar, with a Radionics annunciator above it.

Potter bell.

I finally got a picture of a Fiker pull station at my school.

Fail picture of an EST Genesis.

Unknown alarm, with a BG-10 inder it.

A very unusual setup, with a System Sensor V400A and a MASS-ADA strobe over it, surrounded by a MASSM trim plate, with a BG-10 below it.

Unknown smoke detector.

System Sensor MASS ADA strobe with a MASSM trim plate on it.

System Senor 2400. A picture i just took a few hours ago.

Anyway these are my latest finds. Its not all that rare but still there is some interesting alarms. Hope you enjoy, and all apologies for the lack of uploads lately. Thank you.

NEW DISCOVERY: I remember taking a picture of the that Simplex annunciator a while back and saying it was a mini-panel, well I figured out its a Simplex 4602 annunciator. It’s meant for a Simplex 4005 or 4002. Basically what I just figured out is the system with the 7002Ts and the Simplex 9838s with the Simplex light plates had a Silent Knight panel tied to a 4005, which was controlling the Simplex devices. I know this because the building was added on to around the time the Simplex alarms were made.

Just a little note, that’s all.

That is a Gentex SSPKWLP series speaker/strobe (ugly design, in my opinion)
http://www.gentex.com/box/54?iframe=true&width=900&height=600

Aaahhhhh.

I was wondering what it was, considering how common they are. Thank you.

Im back, and after what felt like ages, I finally found some pretty neat stuff check this out:

Faraday 6120.

A Notifier BG-12… In SPANISH?!? A very high quality photo of a Spanish pull station photographed by my dad in Argentina.

An Edwards 757 /w the power saver strobe.

Its one of those weird System Sensor PS2475ADA Mini-Horns.

Couldnt find the model number for this System Sensor heat detector.

Simplex Annunciator.

Ive never seen a smoke detector in black. Huh.

At one point this Wheelock 43 bell was hanging out of the wall and holding on by a thread.

Simplex 4251-30.

This EST G1-HDVM is mounted on an old backbox that for many moons mounted a Simplex 2901-9833.

Is this an old annunciator?

This image of an old smoke alarm ( more than 35 years old ) is enlarged so you can see the old mechanical horn inside.

Old. Its an old Coded pull station that is also in Spanish. Found by my dad in Columbia.

Unknown detector.

Wheelock 7002… /w a PROJECTOR?? This model is a Gamewell rebrand. It was the last known remaining one of these in this specific building.

As you could see that power supplier is by EST, but the panel is a Tyco panel, and the building had EST alarms.

Finally…

Anyway that was at least the more or less interesting alarms that I found. Thanks for viewing!!

Please do not bump topics, thanks!

Topic Locked.

Objection.

Content was relevant and by OP.

Yet i asked you and you said lock it…

Can you guys take care of this over PM? I have this set so I get notified for reply, and I’m getting annoyed with “false alarms”. Thanks for you consideration.

We already settled it.

“…you said lock it…”
We were skyping in a loud room and I actually thought he was telling me another member bumped a different topic, did not know it was this one. As the post was by the OP and relevant, I reversed it.

Post from ccs46 deleted.

Please don’t bump old topics unless you have something relevant or interesting. The post was a quote of lots of pictures posted by Vibratone Horn but nothing else.

hello there everybody i am pretty new to fire alarms i would like to talk to somebody that loves addressable facp’s and is willing to help me with wiring for my play board

many thanks
griggsy

Welcome to The Fire Panel Forums! 8)

Since you’re just starting out here be sure to check out the Beginners Area and check out the group rules (which has some ways on how to format a post to get the help with fire alarms you need)

If you have any questions about the rules, be sure to ask a moderator or admin, they are all super nice and extremely helpful. :smiley:

As for your question about wiring addressable FACPs, try posting it in the Fire Alarm Help forum