My fire alarm pictures.

Do you mean you had a dream of the picture I took? If so that’s interesting.

I meant that I had a dream that I was in the building that the horn was in.

Oh ok. I didn’t quite get that. Thanks for the clarity. :slight_smile:

Its been much too long, but my new pics are here!! I got a lot of interesting finds this time around. Check it out!!

To start you off, here is an older model Chemtronics heat detector.

Amseco bell. Oddly enough there was one just like it spaced a foot away from this one.

System Sensor Photoelectric detector. This one was oddly designed in my opinion.

System Sensor MASS ADA with its huge strobe.

One of my collaborators took this: It appears to have an EST strobe, but i have never seen one online or IRL.

Simplex Annunciator with oddly no pulls or signals in the building.

This appears to be a newer model heat detector, but as for the model number no clue.

Wheelock RSSWP-2475C.

Here is an FCI MS-6.

While i was riding a small skytram, i saw this mini smoke detector.

FCI MS-2.

Alarm speaker.

EST Speaker.

Finally i found one of these! Its a Simplex 2099 9761. I like these model pulls with the dual action part.

Wheelock ( Speaker? Chime? ).

This hotel i stayed at had some really creepy looking sprinklers. Like this one i found in my bathroom.

Here is a silly picture i took of a Notifier BG-10.

The only difference between this and my other Gamewell M-46 picture is that this particular M-46 has an LED and its behind a smaller stopper cover.

Gamewell Apollo duct detector.

Atlas UATM25C speaker.

Ademco smoke detector.

Finally after our discussion with the gas station adatptahorns, this is as close as i got. Edwards 874-N5 “adaptahorn”.

Here is just a funny picture of a Gentex Commander 2.

Cerberus Pyrotronics EH-24S. I risked my life and soul for this picture. This was by a security checkpoint for Hoover Dam tours so i had to go over, get my phone ready, wait for my phone to focus, take the picture, and run off. It was risky, but all this time i have gone out of mine and others way to get these pictures. The pull station was a maroon colored Gamewell M-46 rebranded by Cerberus Pyrotronics behind a stopper.

System Sensor 4W-B next to a fan. That, i have read, is not safe.

System Sensor 1400. These look older than they appear to me.

EST speaker.

Obviously EST doesn’t know the difference between the wall and the ceiling.

Honeywell S464A1045 in a window.

Unknown detector.

If you look at the center of the photo above the baggage claim belt, you may see a Simplex 4090-91 with an orange Federal Signal SPK-VALS strobe. It was the only time i got to photograph it sadly, but this still works ok.

Here is another Simplex 4041 door alarm. Now i have a suspicion that this isnt a real 4041. I got to hear this horn, and it was rather quiet and didnt sound too much like a 4041. Im not 100% certain, but still it could be.

Honeywell something. ( Im guessing its a monitor module or a polling device ).

2 for one photo: Edwrds Integrity horn next to an FCI ion detector rebranded by Honeywell.

Siemens HFP-11.

In the same place as the R.A.C.E. sign, they have these for fire extinguishers.

Radionics rebranding of a RSG T-bar.

I get that these are not actual fire alarms, but these commercial anti-theft alarms have a very cool sound. I hear these go off sometimes.

I finally figured out what these are: they are some kind of alarm indicator/annunciator, which is weird because by the exit they had an actual annunciator.

WHAT IS IT?!? This is what i said when i first saw this alarm. If you look on top of that building on the edge of it, you should see what looks like a dual-projector horn. Could it be a Simplex or IBM 4030? Faraday Type 2? Old National Time horn?! Whatever it is, its definitely old ( from the 50’s i learned ) and is for certain the oldest and best alarm find i have ever made.

Thank you for viewing. :mrgreen:

1 Like

Oh yeah i forgot to mention this: i didn’t have the opportunity to, but i did see at a time an Autocall 4050-001T. There was a police guard standing literally right next to it so that wouldn’t have ended well if i did take a picture. Oh well.

It’s one of these: Fire-Lite MS-9200UD, MS-9200UDLS, MS-9600, MS-9600LS, MS-9600UDLS

Actually a System Sensor 2100 series photoelectric smoke with heat.

Gamewell? No. This is a System Sensor 2400 smoke detector. Plain and simple.

Understand that these are System Sensor detectors that the Honeywell family of brands rebrand for their own use.
This one is a Fire-Lite addressable 135 degree fixed temperature heat detector.
How do I know? The bottom of the detector is the telltale.
All heat detectors have either a gray circle (seen here) or a black dot. That tells what temperature it is set on.
Gray circle is 135 FT and black dot is 194 FT. If it is ROR, it would also have a very small dot in the center.
Smoke detectors are always blank on the bottom. I do not think there is a visual way to tell what type of sensor it is from the bottom but it is most likely going to be photoelectric.
Now here’s how to tell the brands apart:
Fire-Lite: Totally blank on the bottom
Notifier: Has an extra ridge on the “vent”, also totally blank on the bottom.
Gamewell and FCI: Says “Gamewell-FCI” on the bottom.
Silent Knight: Says “Silent Knight” on the bottom.
Honeywell: Says “Honeywell” on the bottom.
Lastly, the LEDs tell you if the system is addressable or not.
If they are clear, the detector is addressable. If they are frosted dark red, the detector is conventional.

The closer one is a heat detector, the farther one is a smoke detector. I’ve seen this before in real life.

That’s an ESL smoke/heat detector.

FOS was a Faraday brand. Faraday was a Cerberus Pyrotronics brand. Cerberus Pyrotronics got bought by Siemens.
Also check out how that alarm is both recessed and got painted over!

Wheelock E90.

That’s actually a knock-off by another brand. Not sure who though.

That’s actually an older heat detector that is discontinued. System Sensor 2400 series heat detector. Fixed temp, 135 degree, non-addressable.

This is an addressable pull station, which is why it has an LED.

Addressable detector, the box under it is a Gamewell Control Element, which is a fancy term for a relay module.

Just an i3, no way to tell from below whether it is 2-wire or 4-wire.
Also, it is installed on a beam which is a bad thing.

Non-addressable, ionization. They are quite old actually…

Older Honeywell addressable smoke detector. You can see the word “Honeywell” printed on the bottom of it.
Photoelectric.

That’s a Honeywell module. It is too dark to tell what specifically in the picture but it may be a control module. The LED tells you. Green = control, Red = monitor, Yellow = Isolation.

The horn: This is another case of the odd partnership Honeywell has with EST. Sometimes you can see EST horns and speakers on Honeywell systems and vice versa. I don’t understand why they would go through all that trouble but ok…

The smoke: Honeywell addressable photoelectric smoke detector. Not originally an FCI smoke.

Poorly designed duct detector test station. Press the red button and the fire alarms sound. This is why they normally are designed with either key locks or magnetic switches.

Looks like a giant roof mounted air horn.

I have a photo of one of those Cerberus Pyrotronics-branded manual stations at the Hoover Dam. IIRC, the visitor center has those while the dam/power plant has FCI MS-6 pulls and Wheelock AS horn/strobes.

That looks like an Ademco smoke detector. I’ll get some sources in a minute

NewAgeServer: Dam you pass the test! Pretty much all correct on your answers. That one wide flat addressable detector, looks like an Acclimate detector.

Hoover Dam has a FCI 7200 system that’s currently being retrofitted into a Gamewell-FCI E3 Series panel.

Awesome! Thanks for the photo. I knew I already had a Gamewell M-46 picture on that trip so i didn’t think about getting another one. I regretted that later on. But thanks anyway!

Don’t stress about it. You’re on VACATION. Do alarms really matter? :wink:

Here’s one, pulled from a 1968 yearbook of my school that somebody allegedly found in an abandoned house:

For the record, I have no clue.

Are you sure they found that in a house? It would stick out like a sore thumb.

I think he meant that they found the yearbook in the house, not the horn and bell.

LOL yes, I was referring to the yearbook. That alarm was in my school prior to its mid-90s overhaul (or possibly sooner)

The bell appears to be branded by Simplex, but the horn I am not entirely sure. Judging by the mounting bracket, it could be a Faraday horn, and that the alarm system may have been Gamewell or something. I have seen plenty of school setups where the clock/bell system is from a different company from the fire alarm system. Many of Brockton’s schools built in the 1950s and 1960s used Gamewell FlexAlarm systems except one, which had an Edwards system. Seems the typical setup in my area would be that the clock/bell system would be IBM/Simplex, and the fire alarm system would be Gamewell.

I was also looking at the mounting bracket for the bell as well. Looking at other bell mounting brackets, it could be an ACME bell, just from looking at the size and mounting of the bell.

That is an Edwards 692 piezoelectric horn/strobe, which is basically Edwards’ version of the Gentex GX-90 horn/strobe series. They’re installed in 6 classrooms at my middle school, whereas at my high school, they’re installed throughout the entire world language wing (outside the classrooms, rather than inside) as well as in some areas near the main office.

I had no idea. It did look like a Gentex horn strobe, of which I have seen ( never got a photo though :frowning: ), but thanks for the help.