My latest alarm tests

Finally, after a long hiatus, I’ve finally made more videos thanks to my new Sony Handycam that I got around the end of March.

Mini Test 34.5

Mini Test 35

This is like a retake of what I did way back in Mini Test 5

Mini Test 36

Night Test of the strobe of my -9236

This will probably be it for now up until early May due to college stuff and other things (unless I decide to upload some stuff between now and then).

Nice tests by the way! I really enjoyed them!

You don’t do full system tests?

No, and I can’t guarantee that I will. I may (or may not) be getting a panel sometime in the future, but that would require me to figure out how it’s going to work. But as long as I can hook up at least one notification appliance and a pull station hooked up to my power supply, that’ll do for now.

Anyways, it’s been a while, but I’ve uploaded new videos.

A test of my SpectrAlert Advance horn/strobe

Simplex 4904-9137 Remote Strobe (That I got from U8OL0 via eBay)

A test of one of my MT horn/strobes along with my LS1M remote strobe

A second (and mostly one of the last, if not the very last) test of my LS1M (single-gang LSM) remote strobe (by itself)

Strobe-only test of my SpectrAlert Advance Horn/Strobe

Mini Test 37

Mini Test 38

Mini Test 39

Mini Test 40

Mini Test 41

Mini Test 42

Mini Test 43

Mini Test 44

Mini Test 45

Gosh, SpetrAlert Advanced’s sound so weird.

They do don’t they

They sound like a dying horn/strobe, right off of the line.

At 3:32, when you set the MT off, that tone sounds EXACTLY like the what my elementary school bell sounded like on the inside.

Which video?

Nevermind, I know which video you’re talking about.

But anyway, here’s a second test of my EST Genesis horn/strobe:

Got a request for these kinds of videos?

Please note that I’ve got more ideas for tests listed below:

1.) Gentex GMS + Wheelock MT (set to continuous) + Notifier NBG-10L pull station

2.) Wheelock 7002T + Siemens U-MMT (set to continuous, then possibly Code-3) + Notifier NBG-10L pull station

3.) Simplex 2901-9838 (high pitched first, then lower pitched last), + 2901-9806 + 4251-20 pull station (on hold for at least 2 weeks due to the alarm testing site being occupied by house guests) (don’t ask)

4.) Simplex 2901-9838 (lower pitched) on the 4903-9101 strobe plate + 2099-9754 (on hold for at least 2 weeks due to the alarm testing site being occupied by house guests) (don’t ask)

Other than that, I’ve pretty much ran out of ideas for mini tests. Refer to my YouTube channel if you want to see what’s in my collection.

What horns do you have now?

I would list them all for you, but it would be a really long list.

Like I said before:

You can skim through a majority the videos that I uploaded, or you can look at the banner at the top of my channel (although it may appear to be a bit fuzzy).

Update: I just recorded some alarm test videos a while ago, and I will get those videos up ASAP. Therefore, I will only do 2-3 requests (depending on how much time I have the next time I’m able to make more alarm tests).

[quote] Update: I just recorded some alarm test videos a while ago, and I will get those videos up ASAP. Therefore, I will only do 2-3 requests (depending on how much time I have the next time I'm able to make more alarm tests). [/quote]

Never mind what I said there. I had no idea what I was thinking when I posted that. So, therefore, no requests will be honored at this time.

Mini Test 46

Mini Test 47

Mini Test 48

What’s interesting is that the pitch of the horn sounds exactly the same as it did when I made a video where I set it off by itself, and when I tested it off camera, the pitch was lower. I even did an audio recording of that horn, and it sounded lower pitched. (Yes, I am aware that electromechanical alarms can vary in pitch.)

Mini Test 49

Do you have two of the same electromechanical horns?

Could you creat a different topic like my latest system tests 2 becaus it causes my computer to crash and I have to restart it I’m lucky to get this post in

Which one are you talking about? For the record, I only have two 2901-9838’s and two 4903-9219’s (one of them has a broken strobe), and I am planning to get another 7002T sometime in the near future, but other than that, I only have one of each electromechanical horn or horn/strobes that I haven’t mentioned here.

Probably not because it’s likely due to the fact that there are so many embedded videos on here (Maybe perhaps someone put a limit on how many embedded videos per page like on the other forum that shall not be named?)

I would suggest installing an add-on named “FlashBlock” if you’re using Chrome or Firefox as your primary browser. But if you’re using Safari or Internet Explorer, I’m afraid I can’t help you there, unfortunately.

Ok it’s fine

Could you do a video of the two 2901-9838s together then?