My [small] collection

Yup, I had the Ademco/Chloride Pyrotector 623-12 for quite a long time… But yeah that E2S sounder is awesome it’s one of the few fire sounders that has a volume knob (ad NF-SSI prohibits any modification of the sounder’s output be it electronically or physically)

I can tell you on 12V it’ll (the sounder) literally wreck your eardrums.

Quick update : My old Legrand MCP broke… Two small clips which hold the front and the “membrane” broke off, unfortunately it is a known defect on MCPs of this model and age… I’ll try MEK to “glue” these together… Or do something to reinforce the clips after I reglued them.

And I’m getting a very rare and cool sounder, no promises however.

That sounds really exciting! I hope that you really enjoy it!

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=81964 time=1539123721 user_id=18]

That sounds really exciting! I hope that you really enjoy it!

[/quote]

You’ll see why I will indeed do, as the one I’m getting is very rare (and has a ajustable pitch, with the horrid trim pots that goes always haywire :P)

Hope you can find away to deal with those trim pods then.

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=81976 time=1539209743 user_id=18]

Hope you can find away to deal with those trim pods then.

[/quote]

Thanks for the concern but for now the rare sounder acquisition is on hold :confused: why? The guy who wanted to give it to me had a few problems (not going into details due to privacy reasons).

But this time, it’s official, I will get a panel, a Sicli (Secours Immédiat Contre L’incendie, which later became known as Chubb Sécurité Incendie) SLCP (Single loop control panel).

I have no idea if it works or not (or if it hasn’t been gutted already gahk!) I’m expecting it to be worn out, the batteries will be discarded (hopefully they didn’t spill their guts and corroded the PCB… Horror stories of Acid lead batteries leaking and eating everything up)

Well I am glad that you were able to get something then!

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=82221 time=1541291649 user_id=18]

Well I am glad that you were able to get something then!

[/quote]

Yeah I’m still dazzled but well, I got a panel but not the one I wanted, but hey! It’s better than nothing!

The panel I got is a DEF POLARIS C2/6/10 manufactured in 2013, it only served one year before being thrown away… Anyways me and a friend tested it, and it works fine, just need to find the EOLR and the batteries and it’ll be set!

Soooo since I promised I’ll take pictures of it, here you go:

DEF Polaris C2/6/10 (aka “ASD Alpha C2/8”)

Right below, this is the main panel’s control buttons itself. You cannot silence the sounders themselves (per NF-SSI standards), instead you must wait 5 minutes before being able to reset the panel by going into Level 2.
Additionally two extensions cards can be attached to the main board a zone extension (this panel is two zones) and many others which I’ve forgot what they do.

The PCF button was for the fire door closing function (system had fire doors held by electromagnets which would disable if the FA system was activated, it was wired on the panel’s auxiliary contacts which can be manually activated.

DI = Automatic detectors (the system had optical smokes)
DM = Déclencheurs Manuel = Manual Call Point
[attachment=0]IMG_20181109_204100.jpg[/attachment]

The panel itself, it needs 3 batteries (!!), I need to find also 3.9kOhm EOLRs. It’s from 2013 and has been disconnected in 2014 before me and my friend came to save it from being shredded for scrap.
[attachment=1]IMG_20181109_204045.jpg[/attachment]

It’s quite dirty (gunk, and glue residue for the tags that were on the casing)… I need to also find new screws (the ones I got don’t fit very well), and new batteries (any recommendation for the brand of the batteries? I know their characteristics. The ones inside the panel when we got it were YUSA batteries). But otherwise it works just fine. OFC it complains having no batteries and no EOLRs attached (this was to be expected of course)

That is a very cool panel that you got! Awesome job in getting it!

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=82438 time=1542689257 user_id=18]

That is a very cool panel that you got! Awesome job in getting it!

[/quote]

Rather was a very cool panel…

… It died as soon I powered it up, one of the capacitors in the power supply stage decided to blow up (yes, I fool you not).

It was from 2013… Pity.

But in the end I’m getting another panel that is, older and much simpler (and because I had a feeling this panel was a dud since the day I got it, even with the correct alarm/eol resistors it would only register an alarm condition half of the time and otherwise would shut down if I connected an NA.)

Clearly the fault lies in the motherboard and it’s IMPOSSIBLE to find a replacement motherboard for the Polaris C2-6-10.

Well at least you have the panel for your collection so that is really good.

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=82805 time=1546198214 user_id=18]

Well at least you have the panel for your collection so that is really good.

[/quote]

Nah I’m keeping the case, I’ve already removed the transformer inside (outputs around 45V, the power step-down for the signals was all done on the main board which went kaput) it’s going to be a part donor.

And this time I’m getting another panel, albeit a older and simpler one.

Got a lot of devices but right now I don’t feel like posting pics of 'em right now (still recovering from a painful betrayal from someone I deeply trusted).

New sounder : Merlin Gerin SR (two tones : Afnor nfs32001 and Continuous) → Uncommon. Dated from the late 90’s

New sounder : Chubb BZ1L (the one I’ve got is very recent, made by Vimpex Ltd in 2008 according to the PCB’s date code) → Rare. This one will have its own post, as it’s very specific.

New Sounder : Pau AE&T Multi-Tone (rebranded E2S Cube sounder) → Uncommon to rare.

New MCP : KAC KR-1 (mine is an early model branded Nugelec on the front and has a breakable glass) → Common. I have a second one which has a different mechanism.

New MCP : Baco/Legrand AC011 (?) → VERY RARE. A very heavy glass-break MCP used for emergency shutoff. I don’t have the key so I had to mess with the hinge to pry it open, picking the lock isn’t an option… Unless I can’t find the key for it.

Sounds like a really good haul! Glad you got those devices! Also, I’m sorry about your betrayal.

‘nother haul is goin’ I’m not going to spoil the surprise because : I have no idea what it’ll contain, but I know it’s going to be devices that are rare as hen’s teeth.

Are they all gonna be the same rare devices or multiple rare devices?

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=82906 time=1547337017 user_id=18]

Are they all gonna be the same rare devices or multiple rare devices?

[/quote]

I have no idea… All I know that these are very rare devices but how many or are they the same or not? I can’t really answer that.

The new devices have not yet arrived… Figured I’d make pictures of what I’ve got, sorry if the pictures are terribly blurry, my “sub-par quality” Chinese GoPro Clone (aka backup camera) certainly does NOT take good pictures/videos at all!

Don’t mind the timestamp on the images, it’s completely wrong, again, blame my backup camera (and also blame the fact it has a spherical lens so it make everything look like distorted :x)

Nugelec Manual MCP (rebranded KAC KR-1) :
[attachment=2]20161001_083307-min.JPG[/attachment]

It’s real glass on this thing, I’m never ever going to activate it. Older KAC MCPs are rock solid, the absolute Bee’s knee, but when it comes to wiring, the terminals are made in such a way that wiring these can become rapidly a excruciating pain in the back.
This particular model is very rare (actually that membrane style is, the mechanism is very common, albeit this one is a very early model) as it sports the Nugelec S.A. branding in lieu of Nugelec’s stylized “triangular N” logo.

Merlin Gerin SR-57041 :

[attachment=1]20161001_083239-min.JPG[/attachment]

A very rare sounder, can do “Linear Continuous” and “NFS32001 AFNOR”, Nugelec also had a Voice EVAC version that is rare as hen’s teeth (and I missed one on eBay actually :/). These Merlin Gerin sounders have a particular place in my heart, because the school I attended to from 2nd grade to 5th (I skipped somehow 1st grade) had these, until said school was renovated because of a fire, the new sounders were Legrand ones and they sounded much quieter than the Merlin Gerin ones…
Fun fact: a library in my hometown still have these sounders, along with a RARE Merlin Gerin FACP that I really intend on snatching before it meets its demise!
My friend gave it to me as he needed to part with a lot of his collection… OFC that sounder isn’t perfect, they have two retention clips on the back to clip on the backbox, with time the clips break loose, and guess what? a clip broke loose on mine. But surprisingly it still holds onto the backbox, in fact, I actually ponder if that thing actually ignores the laws of physics, because A) it is heavy (the speaker itself is quite large and heavy) and B) Only the top clip remains…

AE&T Pau T100 :

[attachment=0]20161001_083148-min.JPG[/attachment]

Yeah that’s right, there’s a company called AE&T located in Pau, they’re the ones who installed the strobes on the Eiffel Tower! The T100 is one of their older sounder models (a rebranded E2S sounder actually, the PCB sports a E2S logo in the corner)

Anyways I’ll have to make a 2nd message because apparently you can’t have more than 3 attachments at a time… Argh.

Here comes the Chubb BZ1L, in a nutshell it’s just a buzzer and a LED, nothing fancy here, but wait! There’s a jumper to disable the buzzer.