My [small] collection

That looks very cool! What a nice addition to your collection!

Actually, I had these devices since a while now, that’s only recently that I took these pictures.

New stuff came in today!

I do not have pictures right now but I will try to get some, in no particular order:

[list]

• [*]Cerberus F715 Ionization smoke detector (dated 1988) : Ion smoke detectors are prohibited in France, it is very unclear about their fate, the French Nuclear Safety agency is being rather cryptic on the matter, not to mention the loads of misinformation on the subject, complicated stuff I tell you!
  • [*]2x ATSE KR-1 MCPs (date unknown) same as my Nugelec KR-1, but those sport the later mechanism that KAC used before switching to the current MCP design that they use, they both came with a plastic membrane (I'm not a big fan of glass MCPs... If you know what I mean)
  • [*]ATSE detector anunciator, model number unknown, date unknown (just a dumb LED hooked to a smoke detector, once the smoke detector activates, the LED will light up), very similar to my Chubb BZ1L except the Chubb BZ1L has a piezoelectric sounder in it.
  • [/list]

Here is a attempt at taking a picture of the new stuff I got, excuse the mess as it was taken on my desk, you can see the two ATSE MCPs, with one torn apart as I was cleaning it (it was full of dirt and other gunk :face_vomiting:).

The Cerberus smoke detectors (which sticks out like a sore thumb by the way) looks quite yellowed but in reality it is lightly beige (slightly off-white).

Got another rare alarm, a Slat Diamant from 2004! Why is it so rare? Because, it is mostly used in Phone systems (a bit like those Wheelock phone strobes…?) so you don’t see many in use outside of intercoms and phone circuits, it can take up to 80VAC (since Telco phone ringer voltages are usually up to 70V, at least in my country), and can do either 12VDC or 24VDC (however you need to set a jumper, so if it’s wrongly set, you basically blow the alarm up!)

I got it for 15 euros with a Alcatel Phone, which I have no use, because well, I do not have a landline, but I plugged it on my router’s phone connector and could call my own cellphone with it, so I know it works to call, but it also works when receiving a call, the sounder indeed starts yellin’ to life when someone calls through the line!

Unfortunately the plastic on these is extremely fragile and is prone to breaking easily :frowning:

That looks like it is a very nice alarm! Great job on getting it!

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=85061 time=1568779940 user_id=18]

That looks like it is a very nice alarm! Great job on getting it!

[/quote]

Add the Amseco that I just got to that list :stuck_out_tongue:

By the way I’m getting a rare panel, a Cerberus Guinard TG02D (also known as "Legrand IT248) this panel is VERY particular, so stay tuned when I pick it up in October hopefully.

Does it have a US or North American equivalent?

Well no, but you can consider its equivalent would be the Simplex 4001 or the elusive FireLite Miniscan without any NAC :mrgreen:

Truly it’s a very odd panel, it can’t power the NAs on its own, so you need a external power supply or use autonomous NAs (which are self-contained sounders that have their own PSU and battery backup). It is as such, relatively simple and small.

Scratch that again, the seller screwed me over and stonewalled me. Back to the starting point :x but this time round I may have a better chance at securing a Anelec Ansca 500 panel, I hardly know anything about it (and I think Anelec is now defunct, their website was last updated in 2006), my friend told me that this panel does both fire alarm and security alarm.

We’ll see how this goes, but right now I’m outright angry that I got scammed by the first seller.

That really sucks that the seller decided to just play around with you. I’m thinking you should PM a mod with the username so that it can be added to the list of users to avoid buying stuff from and why.

Wouldn’t matter in the end, as soon as he was done trying to scam me, he deleted his account… What a coward.

Anyways the Ansca 500 might be a even better and rarer panel, if I can get it working that is, the guy who’s selling the Ansca is in Paris though, if it turns out to be a fiddletrick again, I don’t know what I’m gonna do, but whatever it is, I’ll do it… I’m sick and tired of having to chase a wild goose that always ends up escaping every time I catch it.

It’s not the 1st time that I got a issue with a panel… I once had a Siemens Algorex panel that died (transformer caught fire, how ironic) in front of me when the seller tried to make it work.

I’ve been also considering biting the bullet and importing a panel from the US, but you know it’s going to be eye-wateringly expensive.

What would the problem be if the seller is in Paris? Both are in France so wouldn’t it be no problem to get it shipped to you?

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=85156 time=1570561980 user_id=18]

What would the problem be if the seller is in Paris? Both are in France so wouldn’t it be no problem to get it shipped to you?

[/quote]

Well, the problem with shipping is that the Ansca 500 is a fairly large and heavy (the cabinet is made of thick metal), so the costs will be, well very very very high (and with La Poste’s fees… Ouch), and also I’m afraid of the parcel being lost (this happened to me a few times, one time with a [rare] Sicli FACP that never arrived, this time the seller refunded me without asking).

As for driving up to Paris, well, ideally I’d like to avoid this, because 1) Paris is often riddled with traffic jams (and as someone who got caught in one while I was taking the bus yawn, I’d rather not have a repeat of that) 2) it’s so vast, I remember one day when I came to pick up a FACP in Chantilly for a friend, the seller was very vague with their address, all I got was a street name but not a house number, so if that went to happen again but with the guy from Paris, well…

If you did have to go pick it up at the seller’s house, I would hope they would give the number or if not you insist on it…

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=85165 time=1570763712 user_id=18]

If you did have to go pick it up at the seller’s house, I would hope they would give the number or if not you insist on it…

[/quote]

Indeed, if not, I’d really be damned.

Well, I decided against the Ansca panel for a couple of reasons:

[list=]

• [*]I have no idea if it has a lockout code or not (one of my biggest fears), just the appearance of the panel (it looked rather beaten up) raised a big red flag for me.
  • [*]the company that made it (Anelec) is long gone (I tried contacting them but my emails kept bouncing back) and the company is listed as defunct since 01/20/2004 so if I wanted to ask for a manual, I would be out of luck. Knowing my legendary luck (hah!) I would be sure to make a devastating mistake.
  • [*]Upon contacting the seller, he told me that he had no idea if the panel worked.
  • [*]Given the unknown condition of the panel, I wasn't really sure how much should I give him.
  • [/list]

With that said, I decided to go for a more exotic panel, I’ll be importing a C-TEC CFP panel from the United Kingdom, because I can get one of these new for relatively cheap (in the 70-200€ range), and also because it’s a well known panel. But that’s not for today obviously (this time, I’m more than determined about this).

But it’s for mid-2020 or so, as right now, I do not have the financial means to do so.

1 Like

I probably also would be leery of getting that panel if the seller told me that he doesn’t know if it works. You could end up shelling out money for a huge dud.

1 Like
    [quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=85459 time=1574318765 user_id=18]

I probably also would be leery of getting that panel if the seller told me that he doesn’t know if it works. You could end up shelling out money for a huge dud.

[/quote]

Yeah, to add onto that, he just didn’t add a description in the listing only said to make a offer.

Personally if I can’t find anything on a panel, I just don’t bother. A friend of mine bought a Sicli panel, a model that is so ancient that almost nothing can be found about it.

Well, he had nearly caused a catastrophe hooking it up, had to take a raw guess where the AC input was, fortunately this Sicli panel had a “dumb” power supply, just a transformer and a FBR (Full Bridge Rectifier) and the stuff for the battery. First smoke test of the Sicli panel didn’t yield anything good (no reaction from the panel), so my friend assumed that it [the panel] was dead, but it then hit me in the face: “The fuses are good, right?”. And sure enough I popped the fuse holders open and they weren’t even there.

So yeah, when you have a unknown or obscure panel, it’s not necessarily bad but it can be a pain to get going.

If I had taken the Ansca, I would’ve taken a huge risk, just like when I got the DEF POLARIS (I got that one also assuming it was non-functional, well it was functional but the board didn’t last long…).

And given how hard FACPs in my area are hard to come by, I’m not going to roll the dice again.

Well that was unexpected. I got a few devices (only two buuuuuuut both are uncommon).

[list]

• [*] Fare DAAF08 : just your average optical smoke alarm, it's quite large (slightly smaller than my Ademco 623-12) and old (how ironic, on the back it says "A remplacer de préférence avant : 2019 [sic]" so it has gone past the 10-year rule for smoke alarms. As such it's never going to be used, but still it's a pretty funky looking smoke alarm, and a uncommon one at best.
  • [*] Legrand 65052 : [b]EXTREMELY RARE![/b] It is by far one of the three rarest devices in my collection. It's a pretty ancient and simple break glass call point, you break the glass, the switch pops out and closes. Can't be any more complex right?
  • [/list]

As usual, pictures will follow soon, I’m on mobile and can’t upload pictures for the time being.