Name That Fire Alarm! (2.0)

]I am kind of new to this so I don’t know much. Can someone tell me what this is?

Here’s the photo:

Looks like a Wheelock MT4 with a projector horn!

That is something you don’t see every day.

[quote=randomperson post_id=86639 time=1585345944 user_id=3878]

Here’s the photo:

Looks like a Wheelock MT4 with a projector horn!

[/quote]

That’s actually a Wheelock 34t.

1 Like

That still is kind of rare though not by much if it was an MT4.

The red bit behind the horn, says it’s Wheelock, but the projector is a Simplex? horn.

That’s too shallow to be a 34T. It’s either an EH or an MT4. The projector looks like a Faraday, but seems really thick. In summary, I’m confused.

Name this guy.

[quote=FireAlarmInc post_id=60234 time=1405482570 user_id=3035]

How about this one

[/quote]

It’s an edwards Adaptatone Speaker Strobe. Saw one of these on Ebay.

How long has it been since I last posted here? Who cares, I have a good one!

What is this lil devil?

STI Global Reset.

I rarely post on here as I don’t have much of an interest in fire alarms anymore, but I got bored earlier today and was snooping around the Smithsonian Museums in Washington, DC on Google Maps when I stumbled across this strange speaker/strobe. Anyone know who makes it or what it is?

[quote=EpicFireAlarms post_id=88106 time=1610997854 user_id=3400]

I rarely post on here as I don’t have much of an interest in fire alarms anymore, but I got bored earlier today and was snooping around the Smithsonian Museums in Washington, DC on Google Maps when I stumbled across this strange speaker/strobe. Anyone know who makes it or what it is?

[/quote]

Looks like some kind of old Whelen product, due to how the strobe looks. No idea, otherwise.

Actually, on further inspection I found a [Google Maps]Cerberus Pyrotronics speaker/strobe[/url], leading me to believe the speaker strobe is a Pyrotronics product of some sort.

Wow, that’s quite an interesting find. I wonder if it’s perhaps an Atlas device. Atlas makes speakers with similar grilles (note the screw pattern). Additionally, they’ve produced various obscure speakers and speaker/strobes; over the years, other members of these forums have shared photos of uncommon Atlas products.

1 Like

Hello, I think I posted this here under a different account but never got a straight answer. Any information is appreciated. Its on a school building, there are about 7 or 8 of them on the building. I know of a few more on a different school in the district. Thanks!
83ccdf80678e7a0e86dd91c84ec3efd92f26b098_2_500x500

Dual Projector IBM 4030

Most likely a 31T-115

You said the same model. I think you meant P2R or P4R. :astonished:

The way that device’s lettering is reminds me of a Wheelock RSS that I saw in a museum once: Interesting NA