New Simplex Foundation Series Panels

Here is a picture of the programmer for the addressable version:

1 Like

Also there is no license required for the programmer, seems to be completely open.

There does not seem to be any way to do custom programming, just zone links (example 4 pulls in zone 4 will activate bell circuit 5). I personally would rather get a 4007ES(hardware is limited but software features are almost the same as 4100ES).

I love the fact that it’s completely open; the opposite of the software used with bigger Simplex panels.

Huh, weird. I’d still rather get a Foundation Series panel though thanks to their “easy-to-useness”.

the MX protocol is just european garbage, JCI could’ve done a much better job and used their existing IDNet devices.

You can try it if you like, it’s the Simplex Foundation stuff

We have yet to see just how these panels & their devices operate, but I think I can agree: that’s JCI for you (though granted the Foundation Series are just rebranded Zettler (another of JCI’s brands) panels, so their “MX protocol” is probably derived from whatever protocol the Zettler panels use (or even the same protocol just under another name).

We could very well start seeing these in smaller schools. The 4003ec is still an option for voice evac and if we are going to see these in schools it will be needed as NFPA now requires voice evac in all new schools.

I thought only some states require voice evac, not all.

1 Like

I don’t think all states have adopted the code. Mine, North Dakota, definitely has.

NFPA in my state requires it for new installs at schools, previous code for older building is grand fathered since it doesn’t “need” it.

1 Like

Mine is similar. Most older buildings can be grandfathered but some buildings with high enough occupancy are still required to upgrade to it.

My state doesn’t require voice evac in schools as far as I know. There are some schools that still have the old AC systems in service and I’ve seen new schools that just have L-series horn strobes.

1 Like

If someone has a list of states that require it, please tell me.

1 Like

Just google “which states have adopted the newest NFPA 72 code”

I’m pretty sure these are for applications that do not require voice evacuation, since the maximun size is either eight zones or 250 points.

[citation needed]

There are some places that these would fit into that would require voice evac. For example, my state requires voice evac in all new schools. My school district is building a fairly small elementary school that could easily be handled by 250 points. Like I mentioned before, they are still selling the 4003ec and that is probably what they expect people to use in these situations.

4010es and 4100es would be allbins one

Simplex has put the installation and operations manuals for the Foundation Series on their site.
https://www.simplexfire.com/resources#sort=%40rptitle%20ascending&f:Language=[English-US]&f:DocumentType=[Installation%20Guide,Operation%20Guide]&f:ProductCategory=[Addressable%20fire%20alarm%20control%20unit,Non-addressable%20fire%20alarm%20control%20unit]

I believe those have already been there for months prior to their actual release.

Remember, with the JCI Ransomware Attack, the Simplex website was down until recently. They may have been there before, but we couldn’t access them due to the outage.