Obscure FACPs anyone?

Can I see some photos of your “graveyard”

The “graveyard” was actually mentioned by another member in the post immediately before mine, so I unfortunately don’t have any photos.

any one made from the early 1900s up through the early 70s is always very obscure; there’s not a whole lot of documentation on those systems, except for old catalogs

National Time & Signal 2204, which is a part of the 2000 series. All NATSCO panels are probably considered obscure, seeing they are unheard of outside Michigan.

1 Like

Here’s a panel even I am unsure about, it’s a Faraday of some sort, in an office building from the 1980s. Faraday 15000 series I believe, seeing the writing on the panel.

1 Like

Here’s a panel already obscure enough, but to see in this size? This is probably a one of a kind install, at least it is the only one like it I’ve ever seen. Pyrotronics System 3

2 Likes

NATSCO is to Michigan as Firecom is to NYC.

1 Like

I remember seeing this on a YT vid, the sheer size of that panel is incredible.
I do own 2 smaller System 3s with the older CP30 board (also got some DI-4 smokes recently).

Even these small-sized System 3s are incredibly heavy; it’s a thing with these panels. That, and the CP30s have the absurdly loud internal buzzer. Pretty cool, but uncommon, panels!

2 Likes

And gamewell is to new england

Do you have 2 of them?

Yes, I have two of them.

Did anyone notice the SK annunciator in the background of the photo?

looks so small next to the huge panel

There’s another very obscure panel (the Spectronics FAS-24B) in your picture above the System 3 on the left.

'nother one thrown on the list, I received this pretty battered Nugelec 3NP14002B, there’s virtually no information about it.

I went as far as asking in a specialized FB group and while I got two techs who had a copy of the manual they never followed through.

This panel has multiple versions that are more common, that lack the small “fire door” relay card that mine has.

A friend of mine has three variants of this panel, one with two zones and no “TEST/DISABLE” buttons (variant 2A), one that has the buttons (two zones, variant 1) and a third version that has no zone test/disable buttons and relies on contact closure without line supervision (variant 2B). That makes four (five if you count mine) variants of this panel known to exist.

The other variants (2A and 1) are fairly common and documented, but 2A and mine (which I’ll label as variant 5).

“Nugelec”: now there’s a name I’ve certainly never heard of before! Sorry to hear you were unable to procure the manual to that 3NP12002B from those techs (what jerks honestly if they weren’t willing to give you a copy).

While they’re one of the most common fire alarm brands in my country, their history before the Cooper (yes, that same Cooper that bought Wheelock out, small world, isn’t it?) buyout and subsequent Eaton takeover is largely unknown and most of their devices made before Cooper/Eaton are nearly if not completely extinct or undocumented.

If I correctly read the date code on this panel, it predates (mfg’d January 1999) the Cooper takeover (which I heard happened around June or July '99), this particular lineup was made from 1995 to 2006 (when Cooper introduced the ECA/ECB range, which is still made to this day)

I’m a bit disappointed that they never followed through, but one of them told me that he’s searching in his archives if he has a copy and he’ll get back to me as soon as he can, all hope isn’t yet lost :crossed_fingers:

At least I have a copy of the type 1 SDI variant, so I can get that panel running without the relay control card, all clouds have a silver lining after all :slight_smile: although I would really like to have the relay card finally working, for completeness’ sake.

Yeah: all I could find from Google searches was results for “Eaton” or “Cooper”.

Oh: hope that goes well.

Yeah.

Another obscure FACP turned up at my place unexpectedly, courtesy of one of my friends, this time around, it’s a tiny SAFT-Ura 955952 FACP from 1998.

To give you an idea how tiny it is, I’ve put a call point (literally the first one I had on hand) for scale:

It’s currently broken, due to a NiCad battery having leaked on the power supply board, thankfully, the damage isn’t too bad, so it’s perfectly fixable.

1 Like

That reminds me of a JSB fire panel for some reason