Rare Smoke Detectors

It’s all a matter of being in the right place at the right time. Such an alarm is very rare though & your chances of finding one are very low.

This technically is not the right topic to post such a thing in: this topic is for rare smoke detectors; almost all of yours are common ones instead.

I found my first rare!

What’s the model number

I found this completely normal Esl smoke detector while scrolling online. It works with the ADT focus 2000 iirc

The CTAD series ESL smoke detectors are addressable and designed for use with those ADT control panels. A shame they only made ADT compatible addressable smokes. They could have really took off marketing the much more reliable 429/449 series as a Popit addressable Radionics smoke, or even Edwards.

Edwards made addressable versions of the 700 series. I wonder how you address these?

Not sure. The 429CTAD has no DIP switches on the rear. Maybe under the cover?

Smoke Alert SA769

https://www.ebay.com/itm/204412992258?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=O_nD16TxQnO&sssrc=2051273&ssuid=O_nD16TxQnO&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

1 Like

You oughta have that SA76RS replaced (especially since it’s well over 10 years old) & save it when it is as they’re really rare!

Yea. I’m trying to convince my grandma to buy a new one so I can have it

I ran across the following, How rare are these and are they worth anything. All of them are new in box

First Alert SA76RC
First Alert SA81D
Fyrnetics 0908

1 Like

Those are all very rare indeed!

1 Like

A very unique carbon monoxide alarm that came from a neighbors house. They had a lot of rare alarms.

The back said Underwriters Laboratories Inc Model DT100

1 Like

Underwriters Laboratories is the name of the firm that tests such devices: it actually doesn’t seem like it has a brand name anywhere (at least from the single picture you posted).

I have a Fire Lite SD14B too!

I have a bunch of older system smoke detectors.
If youre interested check out my eBay store Dice Commercial Fire. Let me know if theres anything youre interested in

Gamewell R7 and RT7
On rare Z77IR addressable relay bases

I also have a conventional Z77

1 Like

How do you set the address? I don’t see dip switches or dials of any kind anywhere