Strange Notifier Emhart Flow Valve?

Curious to know more about these. I believe they are Emhart era, I’ve found two. Both were on National Time AC systems, and I have no idea about them other than that. Are the bell parts just gongs used also on bells or is it an actual bell built in? I’ve wondered about these for a long time.

1 Like

Moved to Fire Extinguishers Suppression

I think it is a flow switch. See Found an old Notifier waterflow switch

It is indeed a waterflow switch.

The version with text embossed into it is the older version (@El_Chupacabra has also seen one) which says “Notifier Corporation”.

The one I’ve seen is a slightly newer version that doesn’t have text embossed, just the label, and reads “Notifier Company” which was probably the legal name of subsidiary of Emhart.

1 Like