System Tests | kcin556

Thank you! I’ve carried over a lot of skills from general photography/videography into my fire alarm videos. I’m glad it makes an enjoyable viewing experience!

Here’s System Test 33, featuring an EST Genesis Chime and the first-ever activation of the Siemens PE-11T Smoke Detector on my fire system.

Enjoy!

Here’s System Test 34, featuring parts from a 1994 FCI System that I purchased and removed from a bank building during demolition. Hope you enjoy!

That is a very nice system set up that you put together. Very cool! Great job on it!

Here’s a few new System Test videos that I have forgotten to post over the past couple of months:

Just filmed System Test 37 today, featuring a simulation Kidde-Fenwal system with devices from the 1980’s - early 2000’s.

Thanks for watching!

Here are System Tests 38 and 39!

[YouTube]S0yDvVezF-k[/YouTube]

[YouTube]eCEKIbFJltc[/YouTube]

[quote=kcin556 post_id=79903 time=1523032268 user_id=2844]

Here are System Tests 38 and 39!

[/quote]

For the residence hall setup, do you think students have ever slept through an alarm because there are no horns in the rooms? I’m surprised they didn’t install PA-400s in the rooms. They probably wanted to save money.

[quote="The Big Green" post_id=79905 time=1523036046 user_id=2562]

For the residence hall setup, do you think students have ever slept through an alarm because there are no horns in the rooms? I’m surprised they didn’t install PA-400s in the rooms. They probably wanted to save money.

[/quote]

Excepting those who may have made questionable decisions on their choice of beverage the night before, I don’t think any clearheaded person could sleep through an alarm in those buildings.

There are four MA sounders on each floor. The doors over there are all wood, so the sound goes through those pretty easily. Plus, considering the hallways are about 4’ wide and entirely cinder block and concrete, the sound travels around in there pretty good.

[quote=kcin556 post_id=79906 time=1523041741 user_id=2844]

Excepting those who may have made questionable decisions on their choice of beverage the night before, I don’t think any clearheaded person could sleep through an alarm in those buildings.

[/quote]

LOL! :lol:

Seriously though, great job with that system! Not a fan of the TrueAlert personally, but the MA sounds nice!

Thank you!

Thank you! I’ll admit that the TrueAlert chime is a little weak, however it is nice to be able to run a test of the system at a relatively quiet volume level for a change.