What alarm do you have at work/school

Now that I think about it, I think that the HDCs and 9838s go together somehow. Whenever there is an HDC attached to the ceiling, one 9838 is attached to the wall. The only exception is in the Assessment Center, which has one on the wall, and outside Cosmo, which has one on the wall.

we have a variety of alarms at my high school. the breakdown (as far as i know) is:

Most classrooms: Genxtex GX-90’s

Some classrooms: Wheelock MT-24 H/s on Continuous
Spectralerts H/S

Hallways: Wheelock MT-24’s H/S set on continuous, and a few GX-90’s

Main Mall: Gentex GX-90’s, Wheelock NS’s H/S code 3, Spectralerts H/S (wall mounts mounted on ceiling below upper level walkway)

Outside: Old wheelock horns on continuous (flush mount, used to be red, now is worn and looks white). Some Wheelock MT-24 horns on continuous and a few GX-90s H/S. In the front entrance plaza there are spectralert horns.

There were Edwards 892s where my grandma used to work

The overflow building over at my school has Edwards 892. I haven’t been there, so I don’t know what they sound like.

I know this is off topic,ButThey opened up a new shoppers drug mart near my house.When we went there,I was looking for any fire alarms.
Then i found one,And boy,Was I surprised!Out of all the fire alarm companies in the world,The last one I would suspect was…Mircom!They had installed white mircom select a horn!I just coldn’t beleive my eyes!
I’m not sure what the panel and pull station is,but i’ll get some pics.

Here’s a pic of it

By Amseco for Mircom.

Oh goodie, my father got moved to ANOTHER school. More details later.

One of our members has a recording:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQL-cDn0q8w

I counted 8 alarms at my father’s new school. 8 idifferent kinds I mean. More details later.

In 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Grade CCD, there were Wheelock NS’s.

Father’s new school:

1. Simplex 9806s on those triangular strobe retrofit plates

2. 9219s in the ajacent building

3. 9422s in the bathrooms

4. Gentex SHGs in the separate building (where my father teaches)

5. Wheelock AES’s in some of the classrooms (including my father’s)

6. The Science Lab has a Wheelock 34T-24.

7. The Special Needs classrooms have Wheelock MT-24’s.

8. Finally, on the outside, there are what looks like Wheelock E70’s, but it does a Code-3 alarm, not a speaker.

I posted in this a long time ago but i’d just like to update my information:
Middle/High School
Simplex 4903-9237’s in classroom
Simplex 4903-9236’s? in the hallways (they have an orange sticker on their reflector plate)
Simplex 4903 Remote Strobes
Unknown Simplex Smokes
Simplex 4100 Panel

Elementary School
Wheelock MT Horn/Strobes (hallways, cafeteria, gym, etc.)
Wheelock MIZ Horn Strobes (classrooms)
Wheelock NS’s (classrooms, and 1st floor hallway in newer part of building)
Wheelock RS’s (bathrooms)
Wheelock RSS’s (bathrooms and upstairs hallway in newer part)
Unknown Smokes
Notifier AFP- 300 or 400? (from what i can remember from the building and datasheet)
There was another panel next to it to so i’m guessing they were connected.

The elementry school from what I heard did a lot of renovating over the summer so they might’ve put in a new fire alarm system but I doubt it. I’ll check next time I go down.

That would mean they are 110CD, and the model number would be -9238. Kind of odd to have 110CD strobes in the hallways of a school, but in my school’s Vocational Building, the spectralerts are all 110CD (I saw a few of the boxes when they were installing them when my homeroom used to be in that building).

My mistake… I think it’s -9236’s in the hallways, -9237’s in the classrooms and -9238’s in the gyms. I can really see anything on the reflector plates in the hallways.

What alarm looks like an E70 that’s a horn?

There isn’t one. The only thing that looks like E70s are the chime/strobes.

What about the MASSADA? Can that do continuous?

1 Like

Oh, I thought you just meant WHeelock alarms, but the MASSADA still doesn’t look quite like an E70…

I screwed up. It WAS a MASSADA. I went by there today with my father. One MASSADA is attached next to the gym doors.

Yes. There are eight tones on those units. Two of them are 800hz and 2400hz Continuous.

1 Like