What is your favorite school bus?

The special needs buses are air conditioned but not the regular ones, wow, texas might not have weather as hot as us in Arizona.

Oh, it gets hot, trust me. It can get up to 105 if Satan is feeling particularly mean, but it hangs around 90 a lot during the hot half of the year. The problem is, Texas heat is humid heat, unlike Arizona dry heat. A humid 90 is almost as bad as a dry 110.

Yep! That’s Texas and Arizona fer ye!

Air Con is a necessity in Florida. All of our buses have either full on A/C or a vent system that blows air.

Jaesum Criminals! (who am I making a reference to?) That is so mean to not have a full A/C system or a vent system, I suggest if you want buses with A/C, come over to Arizona, it’s starting to cool down for us, but we still have buses that have A/C, not one of our buses DON’T have A/C. As far as I can tell, EVERY SINGLE BUS in Arizona has at least one A/C unit for the Type A Buses, I don’t even think that we have a Type B bus, our Type C buses have TWO air conditioning units, our Type D buses have either three or four A/C units.

Run-On (Consider revising)

Grammar Nazism aside, it’s fine. I have no need for school buses anymore. My classes are all a bike ride away, and it’s beginning to cool down here in Stillwater.

I know about the grammar thing, I don’t see it as an error, anyway… Well, just a bike ride away, okay then.

What about transit buses? Anyone here interested in them?

I think this topic is soley dedicated to SCHOOL buses, other than that, I’m not too fond of transit buses…

Just because you don’t like transit buses, doesn’t mean we cannot discuss them. It’s better than having a separate topic!

VIA buses for the win!
Also, OSU’s Big Orange Bus service.

Oh, point proven.

Plus: I never said that I don’t like 'em, just not fond of 'em, they don’t have al of the good feels a school bus would have, other than that, point proven!

Could you define this for me?

I agree, school buses are more comforting and inviting. Transit buses feel more industrial and cold, and in chicago (probably everywhere else too) they often smell like pee.

Thats Chicago…

We have Gilligs in the city that I live in.

All CTA transit cars are pretty disgusting… from the buses to the rail cars. At least Metra manages to keep their equipment in good shape. I live near the end of their North Central Service line and it appears than the cars always get a good cleaning over at the Canadian National service facility. I can’t imagine CTA would put that much time into keeping their fleet clean, especially considering that the wannabe you-know-whats would quickly trash it out again.

I am back to revisit this topic! So, this year, a while back, a few months ago, I had migranes, and for the first time, stepped into and rode in a 2010 IC CE 300, and quite frankly, I liked it, I also have more times experience to talk about:

I actually like the 2010 IC CE 300, it’s just the AmTran I hate, Y’know, the RE and FE, those have bad sound supression (in terms of the engine.) The IC CE has a lotta leg-room, (point proving, thing…) IS driver-oriented, and has a buncha neat features, but one that gets to me:
Cool features:
Child-check system (typically implimented in other buses, but I see this as a neat anti-theft system, if wired correctly with a lowjack and a keyfob sensor)
Warning light pilot-lights displayed in actual dash/instrument cluster
Parking brake applies when you turn the bus off and cannot be released unless the service brakes are applied (air brakes version)
(obviously) Lotsa leg-room if needed, for the taller drivers
Red warning lights (traditional, not the Wisconsin 8-way version) turn off when the bus moves a certain amount.
The one feature that gets to me:
(air door) Door doesn’t open while the bus is moving.

Aside from that, the bus is neat! But the one WE have, over here in Az, all of our 2010 IC CE 300s are Type B and the front angles downward a bit, so the back angles upward a bit…

Okay, done with the revisit!

That is the same on the hydraulic versions. It beeps twice and doesn’t open when the engine RPM is above a certain amount.

Im not a school bus enthusiast or anything, but from experience…

I like the Saf-T-Liner HDX buses

You mean the electric version. It typically beeps once, but, yeah, that best explains it, doesn’t open when the bus is moving. The one thing I think would be cool, if the door is already open and the bus moves, the door closes automatically, rather than having to push the button, similar to the W/L feature when the reds stop flashing and the stop sign comes in when the bus moves, but what’s YOUR opinion on the door feature I think the buses should have?