What rare combo of fire alarms have you seen in a building?

Found the picture of the French pull station I found in Pennsylvania one day!

[attachment=0]frenchpull.jpg[/attachment]

This could perhaps be another addition to your list of code violations in the other thread! According to the datasheet, the bilingual and French-only (SIGC-270B and SIGC-270F) versions are not UL listed (only ULC listed).

Oh, it was written up! Not to worry!

A relatively new Comfort Inn I stayed at in Kent, OH last year had SpectrAlert Advances on a Gamewell system. Not too unconventional by itself, except all pulls were Gamewell Centurys. Note that this building is likely less than 10 years old and everything inside looks very new.

Gamewell Centuries were still be installed in new systems throughout the early 2000’s although they have since been discontinued in favor of the MS-7 (BG-12) pulls. I don’t have an exact year on when they were phased out.

The Barnes and Noble nearest to me was built in the late 1990’s. It has Simplex 2099-9754(?) pull stations and Gentex SHG horn/strobes. I’m not sure what the panel is, but looks like all of the Simplex alarms in the store were replaced somewhat quickly for an unknown reason.

I’ve seen this happen at my local community center. The current building it’s in was built in the 90s, and renovated in 2005. I’m unsure about the first Fire alarm system there, but when they renovated it in 2005, there was a EST Quickstart with 270-SPOs and Edwards 439-10AWGs. A few years later all the fire bells were replaced with EST Genesis. Then a few years after that they replaced the entire system with a Simplex 4100U, Simplex Truealerts and I believe Simplex T-Bars. I never understood why they replaced a fairly new EST system, until I found out they are renovating/expanding the community center since last July.

Barnes and Nobles are rare indeed these days.

here’s a video of mine with some rare combos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGTrV7VkNQE

a few days ago, I saw some rebranded wheelock eh-dl1s with simplex 4251 pulls, but saw some newer simplex tbars probably 2099s

For Me. a rare combo was a Simplex 4099-9006 with EST Genesis Chimes, Ceiling remote strobes, and chime strobes.

I’m only going to state the combo of alarms from an elementary and K-8 in my district considering how in the past they replaced edwards systems with simplex and still keep the edwards devices.

For the K-8 school, they mainly had Edwards 892s and an MT4, however in 2014, the building was damaged by a fire, so they decided to replace most of the 892s with Smartsync Truealerts while keeping some of the 892s in the undamaged areas. This also resulted in a System replacement other than the fact they kept some of the 892s.

For the Elementary School, they originally had Edwards 892s, MT4-24-LSMs, and EHS-EL1s. They had an expansion in 2010 which resulted in another system replacement with Smartsync Truealerts in that area, except they kept the older devices as well. They also plan to expand in 2025 so the future of the entire system is unknown. However, they also kept some of the 270SPOs as well. I find it odd how newer simplex systems can keep freerun devices from different manufacturers intact. Very interesting.