Wheelock is now discontinuing The LED3,The E50s/E60s, and the RSSs

I can ask them if they are or not!

1 Like

I will look it up to show you if they are or not because you need to know.

I don’t need to know, but apparently you do.

I’m just kidding, they are also available with a metallic face plate.

1 Like

My Elementary School uses Wheelock RSSs. I wonder if they need an upgrade.

Not unless all the RSSes somehow fail or the system gets a significant upgrade.

they should have made an LED NS. the eluxa series looks weird.

The NS had been discontinued for years by the time the original LED Exceder was introduced.

Yep, the Wheelock NS is discontinued, it’s really sad, the Wheelock NH is the horn only version of the NS.

Hey, it just makes sense from a business perspective: if you’ve got newer & better devices to manufacture & sell, why continue manufacturing & selling the older ones?

Because it’s a priority to do that for good so you can add more to a collection.

Fire alarm manufacturers aren’t thinking of us & what we want, they’re thinking of their customers & what they want.

the eluxa would be the led NS LOL
plus every wheelock alarm with that horn sound

Haha, you really do crack me up for telling me that. :sweat_smile:

I would basically think that Siemens will take Wheelock’s patnent of the E50, E60, and the RSS. Because they did take the Z - Series notification appliances.

1 Like

Maybe they would. Also the thing I noticed on the Wheelock website. It clams that the LED3 series is discontinued but the RSS isn’t. https://www.eaton.com/us/en-us/products/safety-security-emergency-communications/alarms-and-signaling-devices/beacons-strobes-indicators.html
I think they forgot to put the Discontinued mark on it.
Edit: The page said that the RSS is discontinued but It seems that the RSSPs are still being made. I guess the RSS would live on as a strobe plate.

I personally think it’s a good move. The ELUXA was made in 2020, very modern. Plus, more modern devices draw less current. ELUXA is not very common (in my area at least) and I’ve never seen it before. It won’t be cool however if it becomes like the L-Series and advances, just so overused and common…to common. I’m sure ELUXA exists, somewhere, but we have yet to find out.

But, as of 2022 Cooper Wheelock still makes the AS for outdoor installations, I think it’s the same for the RSS, but I don’t know…

Eaton completely screwed up Wheelock, the Elluxa thing is freaking hidious IMO

I agree, just like when Johnson Controls acquired Simplex: sure Tyco wasn’t perfect either, but I’d say even they were better than JCI when it comes to what the latter’s done to Simplex. On the subject of the Eluxa, what was wrong with the LED3-series? As far as I can tell it served its purpose well, & really all the Eluxa-series is is the LED3-series but with bigger lenses that are crap in terms of design.

yep i agree! Eaton turned Wheelock into nothing now…;