HenBasket’s Dormitory Evacuations!

This is where users can post any videos, recordings, or photos they have made that is related to fire alarms,
Forum rules
You are only allowed to post YOUR videos here. Please refrain from posting others videos.
HenBasket
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
YouTube Username: HenBasket

Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:41 pm

While the system works, I did notice one deficiency: the fire door in my suite’s hallway doesn’t automatically release. Other than that, it’s good.

In my most recent video, you could see me looking at the detectors. That’s because one of my suite mates had his fiancée over, and she was cooking. Thankfully for us, that didn’t set it off.

Also, the time Brandon set it off was the second time the alarm went off that day. Not even thirty minutes after we were let back in, he messed up hot dogs.

I want there to be more alarms for my videos, but I also want them to stop because it’s now just a matter of crying wolf. I’m currently working on a skit based off a reply to the 4chan thread I made. Don’t worry, it’s a SFW thread.
Roses are red, heavy steel beam
I need a rhyme to finish this meme
NewEnglandElevators
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
YouTube Username: NewEnglandElevators

Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:54 pm

HenBasket wrote:
While the system works, I did notice one deficiency: the fire door in my suite’s hallway doesn’t automatically release. Other than that, it’s good.
That's certainly something that should be fixed at some point. I wonder if something isn't wired or configured correctly for the door not to close (based on your videos, it doesn't seem to be jammed at all).
HenBasket wrote:
I want there to be more alarms for my videos, but I also want them to stop because it’s now just a matter of crying wolf. I’m currently working on a skit based off a reply to the 4chan thread I made. Don’t worry, it’s a SFW thread.
I understand what you mean there too. The skit sounds funny! I think it can speak for not only you, but all of us who have had to deal with this sort of thing.
Mainly an elevator enthusiast, but also proud to call myself a fire alarm enthusiast!
HenBasket
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:23 pm

NewEnglandElevators wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:54 pm
I understand what you mean there too. The skit sounds funny! I think it can speak for not only you, but all of us who have had to deal with this sort of thing.
I’ll probably need to know how to do CGI smoke, given I probably won’t be able to convince my dorm to allow me to use a fog machine.
HenBasket
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:58 pm

I completely forgot to add number 10!
As usual, a language warning.
firealarmveteran15
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:56 am

From the description of that video, the date (not the publish date) says 8/29/18. Are you sure about that?
HenBasket
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:59 am

firealarmveteran15 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:56 am
From the description of that video, the date (not the publish date) says 8/29/18. Are you sure about that?
Yes. I decided to delay the upload because I had a scheduled upload very close to when it went off.
HenBasket
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:47 am

What’s this, a reply by HenBasket? Could there be another video? Yup.

HenBasket
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:36 am

HenBasket
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:03 pm

Should I even bother anymore?

NewEnglandElevators
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:20 pm

HenBasket wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:03 pm
Should I even bother anymore?
I'd say keep the videos going, your reactions are hilarious. I can certainly relate, especially with your reaction at the beginning of this one. I would be THAT angry (and probably using the same words you said) if the fire alarm kept going off in my dorm that much, it's a serious disruption to studies, everyone's moods, etc.

Why college dorms don't hunt down and keep track of who keeps setting off the alarms, I don't know. Aside from potentially fining students for everytime the fire department has to travel to the dorm, there should be some strike system in place for those who set off the alarms. While accidents may happen (in one case, your roommates), there should be some disciplinary action in place for repeat offenders. This would be EASY to do with an addressable system, just track down which detector in which room set off the alarm! Maybe THIS would at least scare students in being more careful with cooking, other "recreational" activities. etc.
Mainly an elevator enthusiast, but also proud to call myself a fire alarm enthusiast!
HenBasket
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:26 pm

It is addressable. It’s just a different suite every time.
NewEnglandElevators
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:07 pm

HenBasket wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:26 pm
It is addressable. It’s just a different suite every time.
You would think it would be the same couple of suites setting it off. It would be interesting to see in the future if there's repeat offenders. Seems like when one person accidentally sets it off, they (hopefully) learn from the mistake.
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
YouTube Username: Goldenrod636

Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:03 pm

Well at least you can rest well in the knowledge that you aren't stupid enough ti set the alarms off yourself. LOL
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.
HenBasket
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:35 pm

Simplex 4051 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:03 pm
Well at least you can rest well in the knowledge that you aren't stupid enough ti set the alarms off yourself. LOL
You were saying? Thankfully, we didn’t need to evacuate, but…

Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
YouTube Username: Goldenrod636

Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:48 pm

Oopsies. Looks like I jinxed you then. XD
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.