Fire Alarm Dreams/Fantasies...

The glass is actually plastic.

what ev

I had a dream that I was at my old ES, And my old principal, Whose name I will not tell, Was having a fire drill. When we came back in, The
alarms were still going off. So, I went to the office, To see what was wrong. My principal couldn’t silence and reset the alarms. I said, “I could help!” And I went to the panel. The panel was a Mircom FX-2000. I tried to reset it, But there was no reset or silence buttons. Then my friend came and silenced and resetted the panel. At the end of my dream, I
pulled a Simplex 2099-9795 in my room, And it activated Edwards 874-
N5’s all over my house, Including one right above my head. OUCH!

I had a dream last night where all the students were in the hallways switching classes and at one point you could hear glass shattering and then the 4903-9237’s went off. All the teachers were like “Get down against the lockers!” So it wasn’t a normal fire drill. I interpreted as a lockdown drill. So, we are sitting up against the lockers a few minutes and the principal is watching us and occasionally look down each hallway to see if anyone was coming. After the alarms had stopped we were allowed to get up and go to our next period classes. What was weird is everyone looked fimiliar. Like I could tell who was who for the most part which usually i can’t tell.

I had 2 last night:

#1: We were at the new (under construction) Wal-Mart here in Austin and they were wiring the FA system. There was a whole box of SpectrAlert Advance ceiling horn/strobes (PC2Rs, some PC2RHs and PC2Ws)… So tempting!

#2: I was in the dorm where they taped the first season of “Is It a Good Idea to Microwave This?” when they had a drill. The smokes made a 120hz buzz (as opposed to the PA400-ish style they actually do, see Episode #12) and there were also smokes in the hallways. Also the VA4+HA24Ds were going strong!
There was also a beige 9838 on a 4903-9001 plate oriented vertically (also beige), and a breaker box with a white Genesis that was labeled “Box Tamper Alarm”. Other areas had electronic chimes.

1 Like

I had one where I activated a strange panel- the brand was Sears Roebuck & Co.
MASSes went off in 2400hz with code-3 by the panel. I was actually controlling the annunciator for the panel.

I had a dream that I went to my cousin’s old school in Mass and the alarms were all 9838s with some 4050s and a 9838 horn attached to a very big strobe.

I’ve had many dreams about the alarms at my school, such as more than one two unit group in each classroom. Each classroom has a Federal Signal Speaker next to a Simplex 4903 Rectangular ceiling mount remote strobe. Both are obviously on the ceiling. I wonder why they did it this way. Some of the rooms have wall mount strobes on the ceiling by mistake.

This dream that I had last night was a weird dream based on my MS’s fire alarm system.

We were having a fire drill. In this dream, the newest wing had SpectrAlert Advance Chime/Strobes (set to code-3 chime) instead of SpectrAlert Advance Horn/Strobes. To top that off, they have disabled most the 892’s and put invisible SpectrAlert Advance Chime/Strobes over them! In fact, ALL the alarms are SpectrAlert Advance Chime/Strobes! I also did see the strobe flash on one of the invisible chime/strobes. I also heard one of the operable 892s for about 5-10 seconds. That was it. When I woke up, I thought my MS had exactly what was in my dream.

Last night I dreamed I was a fire alarm tech and we were doing a walkthrough test at an office. The panel was a 4100-ish unit, and the audible signals, strangely, were the brass squealer horns used in old smokes, which were mounted above the entryways, that sounded in Pulse. There were also LSM strobes. Then we went and tested pulls. (Simplex 2099s) However, one in a side entryway didn’t trigger the alarm, so I stood there next to it while my fellow worker returned to the panel. That’s when I noticed this pull

above it, hanging by its wires from an old box. It was already opened and with its key, so it couldn’t have been that one. But we found out what the problem was (break in wire which surprisingly hadn’t ever registered a trouble). We removed that old pull, and I got to keep it! It’s part of my collection in Dreamland now.

Last night I dreamt that I was with SimplexTech during http://youtube.com/watch?v=m_y2TjcwLls this vid, during the preplanning stage to replace the 9833s. He had some boxes on a table right next to a the door leading from the first shop area to the hallway with various alarms, Simplex-labeled SpectrAlerts, Simplex single-gang strobes, Federal FG-style grilles with the 9833-style grille, 9833s/9838s/9846s, etc. Also there was a storage room on the other end of the wall:

that had a large door closer-like box above the door, on it were mounted 3 SpectrAlerts, with broken strobes!

3 more here:

1:> I dreamt that I had a CP HNH with an older white incan light on it.

2:> I dreamt My mom got in trouble for triggering a system. It was in a school that we were heading out of. The stations were simply light switches with red plates that were like:
|=====================| | | | | | | | () | | | | | | | | | FIRE ALARM | | | | |--| | | | | | | | |__| | | | | | | |__| | | |__| | | | | TO ACTIVATE | | FLIP UP | | | | () | | | | | |_____________________|. Mom, thinking it was a light switch to turn off the lights, flipped it up, but I saw the writing and tried to say “No!” but it was too late! The alarms (9806s on 2903s that had lenses like on the Gentex alarms (faceted) went off.

3: just a walkthrough of a building with EM horns.

I had one where someone gave me every Simplex panel in the 4000 series (4001, 4002, 4003, 4004, 4005, 4006, 4008, 4009, 4010, 4100, 4100U)

There wasn’t a 4007?

I had a dream that I was in a school, And there was a fire in the gym. So, Everyone was acting calm, and Evacuating. I pulled this wierd alarm, Which I think was made by a company called, “The Janitor Fire Alarm Company.” Outside, There was this Wierd horn strobe. It had a long box thing on the bottom, with an outside light
On the top, Which was flashing in march time. The horn sounded like a 4050.

EDIT:

Here’s What The Pull Looked Like:

Nope. I dont know why.

This was a cool one! I dreamed that Weatherdan was a tech, and we were doing a test in a multi-story apartment building with a 4002 panel, Simplex chimes, some on Simplex incan light plates that went off in a 110bpm March Time.

I had a wierd one two nights ago…
I was in my ES and they were about to hold a fire drill. So, I ran to the office, passing a bunch of gray Simplex 4041s mounted outside on the end of each wing (the school didn’t actually have any), and found a computer terminal where the prinicpal was about to click “Fire Drill”. I never saw a panel, but the brand of the system was GasCoalSmoke. (WTF??) Then right before the alarms went off, I woke up.

Sorry about resurrecting this topic, but I had a really interesting one a little while back:

This took place in an Italian restaurant near Monterey, CA.

The fire alarm system in the place kept going off because of cooking smoke.

I didn’t see any alarms, but what I heard was an MA-12/24D sounder in 800Hz continuous, a Wheelock MT in march time horn, and some System Sensor 2400AT sounder smokes in continuous. I did see one of the sounder smokes, as I was right under one at one point, and looked up and saw it.

Now here’s something weird, I was having a dream about having a fire drill at my high school even though I haven’t even experienced fire drills there yet! (In case you don’t remember, my high school, [as far as I know] has 7002T’s.) Not only that, but I also heard some 4051’s and 34T’s!