Name That Fire Alarm!

Pre-ADA System Sensor MASS.

Just found this Wheelock fire alarm at Quincy Center this morning. Name that fire alarm.

Wheelock C7001T horn/strobe. I’ve seen them at the Sears’ at Silver City Galleria Mall in Taunton, MA, and the JC Penny’s has them too, but they might be disconnected as they also have SpectrAlert Advance ceiling-mount horn/strobes (the main mall part has a Simplex system with 2901-9838+4903-9101 horn/strobes and TrueAlerts).
I didn’t know they had those at Quincy Center! I’ve just seen SAE horn/strobes and a Gentex SHG or GOS horn/strobe there and Fire-Lite BG-8 pulls.

Looks like one of the first ones manufactured (very late 1985 or early 1986) because lettering is similar to the 7001/7002 models.

I think that’s a Wheelock 7001. That’s a flush mount version of the Wheelock 7002. Also according to wikipedia, Quincy Center opened in 1971 and most likely that’s when the SAE horn/lights were put in. Maybe the 7001 was put in later.

If you look closely behind the 7002 like grille, it looks like a 34T is behind there, maybe a replacement device.

I’m starting to think the 7001 is actually a flush mount strobe plate for the 34 horns. They even made a flush mount grille for the 34s according to an ebay auction I saw. Most likely, that 7001 strobe plate has a 34T behind it.

I agree those are Gamewell Bells behind grilles with Simplex 2904 lights or strobes on them. As you can see, the lights look like they are over the grilles

From Stop N’ Shop supermarket on Belmont Street, Route 123 in Brockton, MA, name that fire alarm!

An SAE VA4 horn/strobe.

SAE? Space Age Electronics?

[/quote]

An SAE VA4 horn/strobe.
[/quote]

yep.

Of course, I’ve mentioned they have many of those at Massasoit Community College, and they are annoying for sure! (They sound like the later-generation U-MMTs in Continuous!) Luckily I’m trying to get my college to reprogram the systems to Code-3, so it’ll be a better attention-grabber and not as harsh on the ears.

They also have an SAE VA4 horn/strobe at the Shaw’s Supermarket near Massasoit College (Simplex 2001 system, the rest are electronic horns behind the AV32 strobe plates)

Which Massasoit campus? Brockton or Canton?

Brockton (this is the campus I attend since it’s in my hometown). There’s also at least one at the Canton Campus, but the rest are Wheelock 34 horns behind Standard light plates, most with newer Faraday strobes, and some U-MMT horn/strobes. The Canton campus has a little more variety with the signals, while Brockton’s campus has more variety with the pulls and smoke detectors.

Well, see if you can get some pics of them.

Used as a buzzer on the Rope Climb or whatever Brockton Fair thing it is, name that fire alarm.

Looks like it might be a Federal Signal Vibratone 350.

AKA the Simplex 4040, FCI HVA, Standard 450…

Name this remote strobe.

That’s an SAE remote V33 light.

Name this one!