Some Fire Alarm Pics (56k warning)

The Wheelock speaker I have seen alone, but also with many different variations.
-With a horizontal strobe across the top, much in the style of the 7002T-24
-With a vertical strobe in the middle as on the MT series
-With a vertical strobe in the middle as on the EH series

The bell with the attached RSS is common in Washington, D.C., where most alarms are bell and strobe combinations. That particular style is in a few hotels, and a gift shop on the National Mall.

Ahh well I know you have to have an external controller for it, or you have to have a scored controller. Usually the horns are on the scoreboard, not mounted to the walls. So who knows? They may be for fire notification.

I’ve found out that this panel is an Edwards Custom 6500 Annunciator.

More Pics!

I think this is a Sprinkler bell. But why is it near the ground? Then: Above it:

Is another sprinkler bell.

Here are the alarms at A local Value Village.

A simplex Panel or Annunciator.

Beige or white Spectralert on the celing.

Here are some from my mom’s work (At A retirement Home.)

Edwards 4" bell.

Edwards 270-SPO.

Some thing beside the pull.

Both of them together.

Fire Instructions.

Some security Panel.

A smoke Detector.

Heat detector.

Simplex T-Bar.

Another smoke.

The Panel, An Edwards Custom 6500, With an Edwards Custom 6500 Voice Evac. Panel.

A closer view from the panel.

A pull station which Is Being blocked by a plant. And remember, This is a Retirement Home.

An Edwards 6" Bell.

Here are some from A school which was built in 1900. I’m guessing before they had a coded bell system.

Edwards 270-SPO behind a Stopper Cover.

If you look closely you can see the horn thing.

Edwards Integriety.

Some smoke.

Here are some from my church.

Edwards 2280 panel.

Edwards Durabel! I had these at my old daycare.

Edwards 4" Bell.

Edwards Annunciator. I don’t this this is working or on, Because the Power on LED isn’t on. In fact, No LED is on.

Here are some from A trip.
The Hotel:

A sprinkler.

Another sprinkler.

I don’t know what this is.

A smoke detector.

Something.

Mirtone 10" or 8" bell.

Smoke detecter.

Edwards 270-SPO.

Mirtone 6" bell.

All of them together.

The only Simplex 6" bell.

And Now The School.

Simplex 6" bell.

Edwards 6" Bell. It’s wierd that I found these 2 right near each other in the gym. Either ones disconnected or they both ring at the same time.

Edwards 8" bell In the hallway with a protective cover.

Edwards 6" Bell.

Some Smoke.

Edwards 8" bell without the cover.

Edwards 270-SPO.

Now, Here’s Some from my local library. I wish I got pics of the signals before, Which were Edwards 8" bells. You can see where they were mounted.

Edwards Genisis. You can tell a bell was there because of the white circle and huge protective case.

Some smoke.

Another Edwards Genisis, Without A protective case.

Simplex smoke.

Edwards 270-SPO.

Floor Plan.

Edwards Genisis with mount box.

EST Quickstart Panel.

Two from a school.

Edwards 4" bells, One with a Huge Screw, And the other with a normal sized screw.

That’s All (For Now!)

Were these alarms in Canada? twoplyboy has tons of videos with a lot of these alarms and panels in them… you might like to watch them if you haven’t. Sweet pics!

An older Edwards smoke detector.

I dont know what that is. It’s NOT an Edwards detector.

For those that say it IS an Edwards smoke detector, compare:

Looks like some weird heat detector.

No that’s an Edwards heat detector.

ANOTHER heat detector!

System Sensor “doorknob” detector.

Once again, it’s a Heat Detector.

Once again, it’s a heat detector…

That’s a newer ESL smoke.

Those are IBM 4" bells! I know it looks small, but believe me, it’s 4".

[quote] [img]http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/5700/picture014oy4.jpg[/img]

Very old Simplex T-Bar.
[/quote]

It’s not old, it’s just badly faded, for one reason or another.

[quote] [img]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/5505/picture049zr0.jpg[/img]

Beige or white Spectralert on the celing.
[/quote]

Looks like a smoke damaged or severely sundamaged white SpectrAlert…

[quote] [img]http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9282/picture074ns6.jpg[/img]

Simplex 6" bell.
[/quote]

That’s definately an IBM 6" bell - we had those in my ES except they were grey and not white. If the label says Simplex on it, it’s still really an IBM. Simplex used IBM products a while after they bought out IBM’s fire alarm and time clock line.

Pretty cool pics!

That is an EST detector. See them all the time in California, with the EST label on the bottom of the cone.

That looks like a generic Honeywell detector, not sure though. It has the classic Notifier smoke grill.

Actually that is a motion sensor for lighting and stuff. I confused them the first time I saw them too. But I see them around here all of the time, and there’s heats or smokes in the area that don’t look anything like it.

Exactly. They are in my ES, my MS, AND EVEN IN MY HS! When I was in 4th grade (or was it 3rd? I don’t remember), I remember seeing the Edwards GS logo on it.

I guess I am not 100% accurate!

Edwards:

Honeywell:

EST:

The Edwards and Honeywell detectors are different and both conventional.

The EST one pictured here is addressable.

That is an annunciator, probably from a Simplex 4208 system, or maybe an early Simplex 2001 system. They probably took out the old signals, which most likely were horns on 4050-80 light plates, and installed those SpectrAlerts on the ceiling.

I believe that’s either an Edwards or Simplex heat detector, but I’m most likely guessing Edwards. I see them in some old Simplex 4208 systems, so Simplex probably rebranded them, just as they sometimes used 270-SPO pulls in their systems.

That’s the only spectralert in the store. The rest are Mirtone And Edwards 8" bells Which are installed on the wall, And which I forgot to take a photo of. I’ll snap a few pics when I go there again.

Thats odd that there is only one Spectra in the store and its on the ceiling…

More Pics!

This is a pic of an outdoor remote annunciator at a local Shoppers Drug Mart. It is A Mircom Annunciator.

The Next group is from a retirement home which used to be a one story building with an Edwards 6500 system. Soon, They built a bigger building which has a voice evac. system. I do not know what the panel is.

EST 270-SPO W/ stopper cover.

EST smoke detector.

EST Speaker/Strobes.

Double bell at a repair garage.

This Is my fire alarm collection (Which is very small). I only have 3 smoke detectors, But I might be getting a bell.

All My 3 smoke alarms.

My Norton smoke alarm. This one doesn’t work for some reason.

My BRK “Wake 'N Warn” smoke alarm.

My FireX smoke alarm.

An Edwards Durabel in a bathroom stall at Canada’s Wonderland.

That looks like a smoke detector with the cover off.

That’s a ceiling-mount motion detector for a security system.

That isn’t a smoke detector. It might be a heat detector of some sort, however I can’t say I’ve seen one that looks like that…

that’s an old Edwards heat. My old house had a few of those that were hooked to an old and lone dead Edwards local home system from I’m guessing maybe the mid 60’s-early 70’s. Despite my repeted attempts to get the only one in the house that wasn’t painted over, I was never sucessful before the house was sold last November (I did snag the 10VAC transformer that powered it).

Wow! I didn’t know Edwards made systems like that for homes!
So, what exactly was the system capable of doing? I know it had circuits for these heats, but did it have NACs or bell circuits of any kind? Also, if you know, what was the model number?

All this “system” (and I use the word “system” very loosely) consisted of a few heats, one per room, except for the living room and garage which had 2, one in the basement mud room and one over the furnace, connected to a intercom sized I guess you could say panel. All this “panel” consisted of was a small bell, probably something the size of a dixiebell (could very well of been one) under a plate with small holes around the bell area for sound escapage and a test button. This was also painted over several times, including by my step-dad before I could get it off the wall (trust me I tried very hard). I tried a few times to push the test button before the walls were re-painted and the button couldn’t be pressed in do to the many layers of paint. I also tried testing one of the unpainted over heats with a lighter, and again nothing happened. Not really sure just how effective this system would of been. By the time any of the heats tripped the bell, if the people inside heard the bell through a closed bedroom door (if you’ve never heard a Dixiebell, they’re not all that loud) the house would be ingulfed and chances of escape would be low at best. At least someone got smart years down the road and put smokes and a CO in the house, although some genious put one of the smokes (First Alert early 90’s vintage “classic design” that did 4/5 [one did 5/6 for some reason] can’t think of the model off the top of my head) in the kitchen right next to the stove, which I moved to right outside my parents’ bedroom dispate my mom’s protests (she also objected to replacing the First Alert FACO after it malfunctioned, but my step-dad over-ruled it)

Did you ever get it off the wall? If so, could you get some pics?