Some Fire Alarm Pics (56k warning)

These heats are the type you get in New Zealand. This type of heat is the only type code approved there.

yes they were.

[/quote]

That would actually be an occupancy sensor for the lights. Not related to the fire alarm in any way.

I would put money on that being an occupancy sensor. The footprint is larger because that unit has more electronics built into it. Security PIR’s have a much smaller footprint than that.

http://sensorswitch.com/DataSheets/CM-PDT.pdf

Ionization detector.

did ur mom try to rip it out of the ceiling?

[quote] That isn't a smoke detector. It might be a heat detector of some sort, however I can't say I've seen one that looks like that... [quote] that's an old Edwards heat. My old house had a few of those that were hooked to an old and long dead Edwards local home system from I'm guessing maybe the mid 60's-early 70's. Despite my repeted attempts to get the only one in the house that wasn't painted over, I was never sucessful before the house was sold last November (I did snag the 10VAC transformer that powered it). [/quote] [quote] did ur mom try to rip it out of the ceiling? [/quote]

[/quote]

No, but I tried a few time unsucessfully to remove one. Usually she’d come home right when I was about to get a chair, my multimeter, and a screwdriver. I snagged the transformer while they were away for a long weekend. Took me 3 hours to find the right wires in the circut breaker panel, plus kill the main breaker as well as remove the cover of the circut breaker panel (it was attached to the panel).

and it was an innocent heat detector. SHAMEFUL fire alarms need to be respected or they are not gonna be savin anyones life.

More pics.

This one lone picture is from some school. They had these horns everywhere outside, so I’m guessing they were the recess bells or
“Horns”.

This is an Edwards 876/877 series. It’s weatherproof and has volume adjust.

The next sets of photos are some more pics of my bell.

And I just figured out that my doorbell is made by Edwards:

http://www.edwards-signals.com/index.cfm?Level=18&PG=3&PID=315

Nice! You dont see THOSE doorbell chimes very often. Ours is a NuTone.

Same. And I located the transformer where it gets its power- in the garage.

Got some more pics! I haven’t posted in a while because I was busy with a couple of projects my teacher assigned us.

These ones are more pics from the Shoppers Drug Mart that opened up.

Mircom Select-A-Horn. As you can see, It blends Into the wall, So I didn’t notice it until I saw it sticking out of the wall.

More pics of the outdoor annunciator panel.

The next Pics are from a soccer building.

I’m not sure if anyone can identify this Honeywell prouduct. It looks like a chime, but thats just my guess.

Vairious photos of a 6" adaptabel. I don’t know if it’s vibrating of single stroke.

The next are from a warehouse.

Some 6" or 4" bell. If someone can identify it, that would be appreciated.

Not sure if this is a fire alarm panel/annunciator or not.

The next two are from value village.

Other than the spectralert in the front of the store, you can find these 10" Simplex bells.

Emergency Instrucions.

This is not from value village, but it is from another warehouse. 10"
adaptabel.

The next pics are from the TD waterhouse football stadium.

Edwards Integriety remote horn.

Edwards 270-SPO. This is mounted awfully low! When I stand next to
it, It measures up to my waist! I didn’t get a pic of the panel, But I have seen it, and i think it is ethier a EST Fire Sheild or a Quick Start.

The next three are from a school. They are not exactly fire alarms, But…

A really rusty 10" adaptabel and…

One big loud speaker!

This one isn’t a fire alarm, But a siren:

From a scoreboard. I have a video of it going off, But I’ll post that in the alarm vids topic.

The next are from another soccer building.

Edwards Genisis.

Another 270-SPO which is mounted awully low, too!

Fire Sheld Panel.

And finally a lone picture of an…

270-SPO.

That’s all! Expect more pics from me, My sister’s basketball season is starting!

The honywell device you see is related to some type of heating or cooling system. Probably a temperature probe or something of that nature.

I wonder if those were the original signals from that Value Village, since it has that old Simplex 2001-series annunciator? Probably not, I guess it originally had different Simplex bells or something. Those might be Simplex-rebranded Adaptabels, but I’m not sure. Does that store have any pull stations? If they are, I’m willing to bet they are either 270-SPOs or Simplex T-bars (probably the bilingual versions)

I think they have Simplex T-Bars, But i’m not sure. I’ll find out when I
go there again.

Okay… if that’s a length of FPL hanging down from the ceiling, I am not going to be happy…

Well, It has been a while since I posted pictures, Thats because I broke my camera. Well I recently got a new camera, so here recent pics I took.

Heres some I took around October, but never got the chance to post them. The first set was taken at the Superstore.

10" bell. I think it is either Simplex or Faraday.

Edwards 270-SPO with a stopper cover…

…And one without. The next were taken at a small shopping plaza.

Notifier Pull station.

Notifier Annunciator panel. I don’t where the panel is, probably in a mechanical room or something.

An annunciator map.

Edwards integreity horn.

I don’t know what the hell I took a picture of. My computer screen makes it look really dark. Its probably a smoke.

When I was driving home I saw this. I wonder where it was going to…

I took this picture from my classroom because A- i didn’t want want to get caught with my camera, and B- no one was in the classroom at the time. Anyways, it shows the huge 10" bell right beside the small Select-A-Horn/Strobe.

Heres a picture of my collection so far. My three smokes, then my bells. There is my single stroke bell, my 10" bell, and my other 6" bell.
I thought my new 6" bell was a vibrating type, But I think I fried it when I hooked it up to an 120 volt adapter. I plugged it in, I heard a loud “DING” and I tried it again, but it didn’t work. I also took my 10" gong and screwed it on the other bell plate. It works fine. Expect videos soon. Anyways, The next 2 pics were taken at a school I’ve tooken pics before.

If you can see, I found this at the side of one of the Genisis. It says 15 candela. This was in the stage. The ones in the halls are 110 candela!

A 6" bell, which is now beside a scoreboard (It used to be beside a clock, but they took out the clock and it now shows the time on the scoreboard). Well, I will post the rest tom. I should be getting to bed(12:00 AM where I live), and imageshack is screwing around with me.

Doesn’t look like either to me, unless it’s a generic…

[quote] [img]http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/821/picture011bz6.jpg[/img]

I don’t know what the hell I took a picture of. My computer screen makes it look really dark. Its probably a smoke.
[/quote]

System Sensor 1400 series smoke (ion).

[quote] [img]http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/5958/picture003cd2.jpg[/img]

A 6" bell, which is now beside a scoreboard (It used to be beside a clock, but they took out the clock and it now shows the time on the scoreboard).
[/quote]

That’s pretty neat! The scoreboard feature, that is. But the bell is cool too.

I think Thats a Notifier bell. Anyways here are the rest of the pics. The first set were taken at a school I went to 2 weekends ago.

Wheelock Mt horn.

Smoke Detector. I’m not good with the model #s.

Notifier pull station.

Wheelock MT-LSM.

Wheelock LSM strobe.

The Panels. They are:

Annunciator Map,

Mircom Annunciator,

And the security system keypad. The next pics are from an interesting school I was at. I only didn’t take pics of the FA system, I also took pics of the bell system! Heres the FA system first.

The pulls, Which are Simplex T-Bars.

And the alarms- Truealerts. This was the first time I’ve seen them in person. To me, they are huge! I nevfer knew Truealerts were that big. As you can see, this is probably a new system.

The smokes.

As you can see, this is a fairly new system, as the Truealert is mounted way lower than the bell. You could also see where the old alarms were, probably Edwards Adaptahotrns Or Adaptabels. With that, we move on to the bell system. There was one Simplex bell I wanted to take a picture of, It was white, but it was at the entrance, and people kept coming in and out.

Here is a Simplex 6" bell, with the cursive writing. All the bells are 6".

An IBM bell! Its all rusted, though. I wish I could take all the bells and take them home.

An Edwards bell.

Another Simplex bell.

Simplex bell on an Edwards Bell Plate.

Edwards bell on a Simplex bell plate.

Closeup of the bell. Now the last 3 pics are my Grandma’s new security system.

This is the keypad. It’s made by Honeywell.

These are the sensors that go on the door.

And I think this is a motion sensor. I only found one. I try to see if there are any more in the house. Thats all the pics for now!!!

Interesting, I see TrueAlerts a lot around Boston. You live in Canada so fewer alarms require strobes like they do now a days in the US. The only strobe less systems I see are at Belmont High (and other old buildings w/ old systems) and in other countries.