Will My Wheelock AS Provide Power Like This?

I think it would just be hard, but not impossible to combine with the AS

I’m not sure. Take the positive of the power supply and hook it to the positive of your device then Take the negative of the power supply and hook it to the negative of your device while you wait for a conventional pull station.

I should look for conventional pull stations soon hopefully

1 Like

How did I miss all of this conversation? Is there anything you still need help with Anthony?

I am done for the day because I need a conventional pull station

1 Like

I am done for the day, but still send the wiring diagram. It will be helpful for me when I will buy a conventional pull station.

1 Like

Sure thing.
PO= Power
A= Alarm
P= Pull station

You might be able to take the addressable module off the back & just use the wires from the switch (I don’t know for sure though since I don’t have one that has that exact module on the back).

1 Like

I just bought a conventional Edwards pull station of of eBay for $30.

That’s very nice! What’s the model number? When it arrives use the wiring diagram I provided to wire it.

As mentioned previously, it is possible to remove the addressable module off of your pull station and use the two wires that run right to the switch to use as your conventional pull station. It is unlikely you will acquire a working Siemens/Pyrotronics panel that you can use since they are not exactly collector-friendly.

You cannot use an annunciator to control a system as they are merely a remote keypad for a fire alarm system, like a keypad for a security panel.

I agree, wait for that Edwards pull to come in and we can help you further.

1 Like

Hello Anthony! Welcome to the Fire Panel.

I’ve been reading up this discussion for a while and there seems to be a lot of confusion and misunderstanding, so I thought I’d chip in a little bit to push you in the right direction. Just to clarify, yes, you will need a conventional pull station for this to work. It looks like you’ve ordered an Edwards one, so hopefully that will suit your needs.

FireAlarmPerson posted a simple wiring diagram above that correctly shows how to wire your power adapter to the pull station and the alarm. It may appear a bit confusing at first when you’re actually wiring the devices together, so I’ve created my own version of it that may better visualize how your wiring should appear.

From your power adapter, take the positive wire (it is usually red), and wire it to one of the two terminals on the pull station. The terminal should not matter, since the conventional pull station is a simple switch and does not have polarity.

Then, from the pull station, wire the other terminal to the POSITIVE terminal on the Wheelock AS alarm. Any sort of wire will work for this, but it should not be connected to the adapter.

Finally, once the pull station is connected to the positive terminal on the alarm, wire the NEGATIVE terminal from the Wheelock AS to the NEGATIVE wire on the power adapter. This will give you a complete circuit. Once you’ve done that, you should be able to plug your 12VDC adapter into a wall outlet and the circuit should be completed once you activate the pull station!

If you have any questions or need additional confirmation about the wiring, please do not hesitate to ask.

Hope this helps, and as always, enjoy your stay on TFP!

2 Likes

Nice job Derpy! That should help them figure out how to wire it properly.

1 Like

Wow! You explained that very well! You earned a follower :slight_smile:

The pull station arrived. I want help when it is needed

1 Like

What’s the model number of it? Let us know when you need help

My screw wont come out. What should I do. Is it stripped?

Im not sure. Please attach a photo so I can see your pull station to better help you out.

If it’s an Edwards 270-series pull station the screw’s not supposed to come out: you’re supposed to turn the screw with a screwdriver (particularly one with a special security bit) which allows the station to be opened.

1 Like

The screws wont come out of the AS, and the pull station is fine. Mine is not a 270-series