World Trade Center Fire Alarm System History

Well thanks for the Info! I just never heard of UTC before.

It seems odd that Firecom only services the NY area, hopefully they expand to LA, Chicago, and other Highrise areas.

1 Like

As I mentioned they do have at least one installation in Los Angeles.

If anyone’s interested, there’s a construction photo of the Transportation Hub’s panel room in this progress report from 2015.
https://www.transit.dot.gov/sites/fta.dot.gov/files/docs/October_2015_Report.pdf

1 Like

…and here’s another one from 2014.
https://www.transit.dot.gov/sites/fta.dot.gov/files/docs/December_2014_Report.pdf

I’ve found a real life pic of the ny striped century *

1 Like

Good find, might be the Cerberus Pyrotronics-branded version too! Shame the Stopper’s all dirty; if it wasn’t we could see it better. The stripe might be painted-on though.

It is Cerberus rebranded

1 Like

i have always wonderd what they had at the wtc

*** UPDATE *** I found an even better picture of a ny-striped century

It’s in pretty sad condition tho :pensive::sob:

1 Like

still pretty cool tho

I found a picture of a pretty badly burned up Cerberus pyrotronics
rebranded century from the WTC. Almost all of the enamel and paint has been burned off. The background piece behind the lever looks like it has been burned to ash. The lollipop shaped lever was busted off. This century was most likely addressable. Which means that the addressable module mounted to the back of this station was smashed to a million pieces when it fell. I also noticed that the Cerberus pyrotronics emblem riveted to the front of this pull station is all scratched up.

Poor guy :pensive::sob::pleading_face:

2 Likes

That’s similar to a photo I once found of a similarly-damaged Century. It’s surprisingly intact for what it probably went through (though it is made of metal).

It would take a lot of time to restore that thing

Yeah. If someone did though I’m sure it would be worth it.

Yeah that’s true. That thing is most probably in a 9/11 museum somewhere

Or in wherever the rubble from Ground Zero eventually ended up. I’ve been to some exhibits that show pieces of rubble, but they always take backstage to the heroism of the firefighters who helped pluck people out of the wreckage. I think that’s infinitely more important to remember than wire and metal and plastic.

4 Likes

:pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive:

The 9/11 rubble was taken to a closed dump on Staten Island

I know right. Those ny striped centuries are extremely rare and I would love to have one but they are impossible to find on eBay.

Pyrosignal also branded NY-plates as seen here

2 Likes