What alarm do you have at work/school

Dodge Traditional Magnet Middle School Fire Alarm System. Tucson AZ.

(School built in 1954 as Brown Elementary.)

System as of 2022/2023 School year.

This is one of the most diverse Fire Alarm Systems in my school district, combining 80’s 7002ts with 2000’s NS’es as well as some 90’s Gentex. Most systems in my district are prue Simplex.

Some of this is not well documented, so correct me if I get something wrong. (If you have recently been to the school.)

Office

NA’s
A combo of Simplex True-alerts and Cerberus Pyrotronics re-branded 7002Ts.

System Panel, Simplex 4005. Located in the office.
(Correction, I thought it was a 4100U, It was a 4005 the whole time.)

Cafeteria/Multipurpose room

NA’s

2 Cerberus Pyrotronics re-branded 7002Ts on the opposite sides of each other.

Kitchen
NA’s

A Simplex 2903-9838 on a 4903-9101 Strobe Plate.
Outdoor Restrooms
NA’s

A Simplex rebranded Gentex GX-90 which in my opinion is the most annoying alarm in the school. I feel bad for a classmate I know that was in the restroom when that alarm sounded because of a gas leak.

Indoor Restrooms
NA’s

A Wheelock LSM

Band/Orchestra Room
NA’s

A simplex re-branded GOS and SHG in the general room and a 4906-9101 in the Restroom.

(The SHG gives me chilling memories of the gas leak when activated.)
Classrooms

N/A’s

A Wheelock NS/NS4’s is in each classroom. (I am studying to determine if these are NS’es or NS4s.

Hallways

N/A’s

Wheelock NS/NS4’es in all the hallways. (With my experience, they are all out of sync.)

Pull Stations

Simplex 2099-9759’s (These pull stations are everywhere mentioned except for the classrooms. I wanted to save space here so I put it here.)

Smoke Detectors.

Simplex True-alarms (Don’t know the model)

Simplex Heat Detectors in Storage spaces and Home-EC room.

Outside

Cerberus Pyrotronics 6in Vibrating Bell

Abandoned Cerberus Pyrotronics Av32 (It seems) Backbox (Not Connected)
Sounding

When activated, the bells, 7002t’s, and Gentex Alarms all sound on steady. The Wheelock NS/NS4’es in the classrooms and hallways sound in Code 3. Since I guess that all the NACs are set to continuous, so the NS’es get out of sync. (Easy to tell because the strobe flashing does not line up and eventually the horns sound together like one loud pulse.)

I can’t really hear the majority of the alarms outside because of the bells and the super annoying GX-90.

Future notes

Credit for @WheelockNS for pointing out a few alarms.

Next year, I will document a Fire Drill here.

I had some interest in this system because a former student had made a vlog about pulling the system before the system got replaced. (This is 2002.) (Example: The pull-stations used to be Cerberus Pyrotronics MS-X’s before being replaced with the current 2099-9759’s. I’m guessing the panel was Cerberus as well at the time, I have no idea though. (Possibly because one of the riser inspection tags have Siemens and others had Simplex.)

I also got interested because the school had recently had a smoke condition and a gas leak. (I have more on that.) So I wanted to learn more.

I will get some footage of this system soon.